Cabin/pollen filter replacement...pics

COT51E

Jun 19, 2010
www.oakbarrelcreations.co.uk
If you guys are having to turn up your heater fan just to try and warm your alhambra up then this is a must, you'll be amazed how much dirt collects in these filters and they always get missed on a service. Once blocked they restrict the air flow into the cabin thus reducing any heat from the engine.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Image0715.jpg

Although diesels do take a while to warm up i can now have warm feet and clear windows and thats with the fan on number 1 setting :) .............Number 4 is now like a tornado lol

The culprit!!!:wtf:
filter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Lang

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Well worth doing, as you say, its often missed. And for the price of a new one, there's no excuse to change it :)

Al Wyn

Jan 14, 2009
Great write up COT51E im sure it will be of great help to some forum members who doubt their abilities to take on the jobs they could do themselves and save a few quid in the process :beer:

b4dge

that is a real help i was about to replace my filter and was dreading it but this will really be useful many thanks

COT51E

Jun 19, 2010
www.oakbarrelcreations.co.uk
No probs guys, i was looking for info on this myself, plenty of suggestions but i think a quick diagram speaks a thousand words. i got my filter from euro car parts £8 something, seat wanted £13. prob made in the same factory anyway. i use to work for toyota and 90% of so called genuine parts are made by one main company, just branded differently so don't be fooled.

landsker

I you have air-con, a blocked up pollen filter will also make it very difficult to get cold air into the cabin.
I had that problem in my previous car, a 2001 Skoda Fabia 1.9tdi. Changing the pollen filter meant instant cool in the heat of the Costa del Sol summer!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise