calling all 1.2 drivers

clipse_t

Full Memba
Jun 20, 2004
North london
basically, i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for all us 1.2 ibiza owners, so that any queries, problems or advice could be shared.

any 1.2 drivers with mods which they recommend, problems etc can post it all on this thread.

non 1.2 drivers welcome of course (as long as theres no jib about how slow our cars are!)

:thumbup:

look forward to replies soon

clipse

Last edited:

Henderson1983

hey buddy,

ive got a 1.2 sx in Platinum grey, mirros and side strips colour coded and a road angel 2. Only got 6 more months of it though, im part exing if for an FR TDi. Its a good little car, build quality is abit poop and rattles and sqeaks seem to be common on my sx but i love the body style. Anyway good idea on starting a forum for us 1.2 owners.

Henry

Henderson1983

ok Mr billy big spuds, i made a mistake, christ handbags at 10 paces!!!! :thumbup:

Grapo

Jul 28, 2004
London
Hey,

Got a 1.2SX as well. Pleased with it on the whole, except for the lack of pace. Saying that it seems pretty ok compared with other similar sized engines out there. No squeaks or rattles, only from the 6 X 9's!

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
I posted this in another part of the board :

"My two main problems with the car is the poor plastics on the pre-06 models and the lack of a boot light! Also the seats could do with better support, if you take corners at speed - as you end up having to take one hand off the wheel to hold yourself in! Seats are comfortable though. The suspension at low speeds is also a bit hard on bumpy surfaces, but then again when driving it fast the suspension keeps it relatively flat while cornering with little body roll." I also got charged £160 for my first service! All they did was change the bloody oil!

Im really pleased with the ibiza, cracking sound system, good engine and handles great! Also its very reliable.

gazjones

i had 1.2 with fr wheels front grill mirrors of fr and grill was an fr look alike didnt cost to much to do it all around 600 including wheels and fog light kit
also had gear surround and airvents in brushed aluminium also do sound system so any question ask me ive probably done it or thought about it lol

gazjones

my 1.2 had a boot light it was an 03 car also had third sunvisor

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Umm thats wierd, mines an '05 car. Its the SX aswell so i was suprised when it didnt have one! I have to keep a torch in the boot now incase i need to get something out of my boot at night.

gazjones

they cut a load of things out ive now got an fr with no boot light or third sun visor

gazjones

well i wouldnt say look like it, rear bumper is a replica cupra one but my fr bar grills looks like a 1.2 really same bumper! but i know what your saying mate wish id waited really but wasnt released when i got mine just got to deal with it lol

T. Spark

Mattyh87 said:
Gutted about the new '06 revamp! Interior of a higher quality now and all of em look like the FR.

Nothing like bringing a old thread back to life! lol Ne way...

The '06 model's have new bumpers etc from the basic 1.2 s upto the FR, I wouldnt go as far to say that they all look like FR's tho!

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
Yeh sorry about bringing up a dead thread :) didnt check the date before i posted!

Umm, its not identical to the FR, but it does look much more similar and a bit more aggressive.

T. Spark

Indeed, think its a good thing tho, doesnt matter what model you get now, it does look that little more sporty!

Should be a laugh when all the paxo boys race the facelift model 1.2's thinking they are cupra's and then come up next to my car at a set of lights....

gazjones

yea mine looks like a standard car apart form wheels and exhuast but then id release the 207 horses on em LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

T. Spark

Thats what made me look at the date, your reply m8y,

A they were the days, 1.2 3 cylinder V12's... oh I mean 12v's :D

yannis

Mar 21, 2006
Athens, Greece
You can make the 1.2 look good if you spend a little time and some cash on it.
Shame about the hard plastics on the top part of the dash though. Plus it is quite expensive to change it to the one with the softer materials (was quoted 700 euros)

Deleted member 5985

Does anyone know how to replace the front grills either side of the S badge? Perhaps some of you who have changed for honeycomb FR grills could help, i'm not too sure how to get my originals off and my new ones on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members