Calling all Koni FSD owners

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
How is you set up? Handling?
Better than anything you have had before?
How much drop did it give you?
Do you have springs changed and any other ARB/ Strutt brace or bushing changes?

Thanks for your input

Balf2k

Jul 5, 2006
South East Kent
I have the FSD's with Eibach Pro springs....
Not as solid / hard a ride as the FK Highsport coilovers I had on my MK4 Golf but it is much better than the standard crashy suspension setup. It has probably only dropped the car 10 - 15mm from the standard LCR ride height as the LCR is the lowest model of Leon already (Would look more of a drop on a LC I think).
I have since had Neuspeed front and rear ARB's fitted, this is what really makes a difference, I wish I'd have done them first really. The Koni FSD's 'are' good in my opinion but if I could choose my suspension again I would pay the extra and get Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. I would just like to drop my car a little lower (5 - 10mm more) and I would like to have a slightly stiffer setup / feel the road a little more... Thats just my personal opinion, don't get me wrong, the Koni FSD's are a great shock absorber, it's purely down to self preference.

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I have FSD's with standard springs and upgraded f&r arb's, eibach 25mm front and neuspeed 28mm rear.
Car handles much better then before and corners very well, but this is prob because the arb's were fitted at the same time.

I'm thinking of getting eibach prokit springs but I'm unsure if they will lower the car evenly front and rear :confused:

If I was upgrading again I think I would give the KW street comfort coilovers a try.

Neil.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Thanks for your opinions guy, really helpful
Whats the scoop with bilstein coilovers?
I thought they were supposed to be very hard, just what I thought I had read, not had any experience of these

f1btn

We can do you are very good price on bilstein pss or pss9's or h+r as they run bilstein inserts! Please p.m me if you would like a price,F.y.i koni dont recognise the cupra r fsd fitment and as such will not warranty them!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.