Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Calum's K03's Ibiza! VT mounts here and new pictures!

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Deleted member 39269, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Engine​

Brand new K03s from Turbo Dynamics
    Revo Stage 2
    Blueflmae downpipe and decat
    Miltek Cat back exhaust with centre silencer removed
    G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch
    Jetex FR-07008 Filter
    Universal intercooler painted gloss black
    Custom charge pipe painted black with blue silicone hoses
    AMD dumpvalve relocated to the cold side
    Blue TIP
    N249 Removed
    Carbon Canister Removed
    SAI removed
    Air Con removed
    Audi TT short shifter
    NGK spark plugs
    Painted inlet and Rocker cover
    Boost and Oil temp gauges

Interior

Rear seats and carpet removed
    Flocked dash board
    Blue Cupra seats
    Extra lighting
    Door handles color coded door handles
    Shortened gear stick
    Nomad double pillar pod
    New Seat floor mats

Exterior

Seat Cupra wheels sprayed gloss black
    Debadged
    Aero wipers
    Bee Sting aerial
    Fog lights removed
    6k Slim version HID's
    Modified rear lights
    Chrome indicator bulbs

Handling

Hottuning Coilovers
    Seat sport upper strut brace painted black
    Lower and rear upper strut braces

Future Plans

VT engine mounts (ordered)
    WOT box (ordered)
    LCR 225 fuel pump
    Decent coilovers
    ARB's​

Right folks thought i'd better get a progress blog up and going. I've had the car for a few months now but never got round to a write up so here goes....

Back in May I swap my Vtr'd quicksilver for and Ibiza. I think the previous owner is a member on this forum.

So any way it had a few things done to it and i have done a few bits and I've given it alot of tlc.

It came with a huge folder a reciepts which was good as it had 144k. But the engine feels really strong and it pulls hard up through the gears

Here's a pic of my old car. Great little car bit i fancied a change and as insurance was affordable so i decided to go turbo

[​IMG]

And here's a few pics of the Cupra when i first got it. It has a dyno printout at Awesome Gti of 193hp before the FMIC, TIP and BOV. It has alot more bits done to it but i'll write that up later. So i'll just let the pics do the talking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 Deleted member 39269, Sep 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2010
  2. And it snow foamed

[​IMG]

Really happy with car but it need a few bits sorting before i was completely happpy. The intercooler pipes kept blowing of due to poor fitting pipes and hose clips so the first thing was to sort that out with new silcone hoses and joiners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also ordered a Jetex filter as the were highly rated on here and also a 45* elbow in blue

[​IMG]

All fitted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a few pic's of the poorly fitting boost pipes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. So got the into the garage and cut up made my new pipes for the cold side of the FMIC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By this time i had fitted a seat sport strut brace and a mk1 golf rear brace

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With me replacing various hoses with silicone this meant the pipes going onto the charge pipe started blowing off to. So i ordered up even more hoses and alloy pipe and got a friend to tig an 8mm pipe on for one of my vacum hoses. Then i got straight into fitting them and i also ditched the LCR charge pipe as i didn't think it look quiet in the bay

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. A picture with LCR splitter it was far to low so it took it of as it was badly scraped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up.... D90's got these of a mate who had them on a VR6 and i also bought new rear wheel bearings and hubs and also adaptors to suit the wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also painted my claipers up just to match the car

[​IMG]

The spacers went for 25mm front and 20mm back there FK's aswell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. And fitted sorry for poor quality pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then next up i decided a wanted another gauge so it settled for an oil temp gauge and also bought a nomad pillar pod! Had to do a fair amount of wiring as there was a lack of electrical connectors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really like the pod and nice a simple mod to do

[​IMG]

6. Then i need a bit more noise to go with my miltek cat back so i bought a 3" downpipe and decat from blueflame not got any pics before fitting but am sure you all know what they look like. After fitting it the car felt so much better and more responsive and louder. When fitting the downpipe i noticed that just after the centre box the pipe had started to crack. So i cut it out and replace it with a straight pipe. Its so much better more noise and it pops and burbles away which it never did before. So i'm happy with it now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so thats it for now all comments a suggestions welcome

7. tobi20v

tobi20v Active Member

Hi mate

nice car, i like this colour :) they are very rare in Germany. If i was you, i would paint my strutbrace blue, like i did:

[​IMG]

I also had a red one, i think that destroys the harmony of colours.

Regards, Tobi

8. cus

cus ... Vag only!

hey mate, really really nice on the D90's! shame that when i tried lowered it that the coilovers has seized :( the cutting when it came to the cold side was rushed as hell,but it never gave me a problem, sorry to hear it was bursting off on you!

anyway mate, top job and i'm glad to hear its still running nice and strong :)

9. redcupraboy

Some nice mods done there bud, Im really liking the flocked dash it looks awesome.

10. Thanks for the comments. Yeah i think i will have to at some point a few people have told me to do so

And i'm also thinking about painting the alloy intercooler pipes black

#10 Deleted member 39269, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  11. Yeah i love them although i think they need a refurb maybe something to do over winter.

Nah its ok it was annoying but it didn't last long hahah soon got new pipes on and it never pops off

Cheers. Yeah she's still good! love driving it! hows my old pug? Somedays i do miss her!

12. Cheers. The dash is nice, somedays i like it other days am not sure. But alot of people do like it. It was cus of here that put it in and before that i think it was h17och's?

#12 Deleted member 39269, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  13. cus

cus ... Vag only!

haha yeah was h17och's old one. was a nice 3 hour trip to get it! with an awful hangover!

well the pug is great, but i'm afraid that it is currently up for sale. reason being.... Edition 38!
    i went to it, and i now fancy getting myself another VAG car! i just cant stay away :( :whistle:

its run spot on since i've had it, but now needs a new torsion bar, but i've put that in the advert. such a fun car to drive, so think i'll be getting a small VAG car, lupo/polo or similar to keep a smile on my face

14. Haha yeah good old temptation! Thats a shame about the axle though. But you can pick them up cheap enough so am sure it will live on. Did you change anything on it since you got it?

Before i seen the ibiza i was looking at a polo gti.. some of the ones with leathers and climate control look really smart. And just deck it on nice wheels.

15. Mike_08

Mike_08 meh.

keep it going mate lol

16. cus

cus ... Vag only!

i managed to get good money for the interior, and it was just too tempting, so got some nice bucket seats and i was gonna turn it into a track slag. plans have fallen through since Edition 38 and seeing all the lovely polos there!

the one i'm looking at is matt black lowered on tsw omegas. looks rather nice! full mk5 interior and engine. 145bhp in a car that small should be fun :)

i know the lad well who is buying the 106, so i know it's gonna get looked after. hes already for a full vts interior going in it. and a new torsion bar from the scrappies :)

17. I'm trying my best! not sure what next on the cards though?

18. turbo009

turbo009 Red Lightning

Nice car d90's look awesome on it you keeping them that colour ? Also dash looks nice

19. tarzan

tarzan cupra owner from norway

car looks mint maybe do the d90 in another colour?

20. WRC555

WRC555 Full Member

10 points