Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Cambelt Change Intervals

Discussion in 'Alhambra' started by Dadvan Driver, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Dadvan Driver

There's been a bit about this before and advice varies. Most common theme is that it should be done every 4 or 5 years or based on mileage (about 50-60k) depending on what comes first.

I have just bought a 2016 Alhambra so coming up for 4 years old. Done 64,000 miles. Dealership said the change interval was 7 years so wouldn't need done for a while.

Found this: https://www.seat.com/datamanual-maintenance/my12_w22/Turismos/en-uk/Maintenance_programm_EN.pdf which suggests that for a TDI CR, which mine is, it's every 130,000 miles.

Don't want to take unnecessary risks but don't want to get it done too soon either. So, do I follow the SEAT manual or do I follow advice on previous threads?

My gut is telling me this upcoming service (October) will be too soon and hold off for the next one. I won't be doing massive mileage. That would represent a compromise between the two sets of advice.

Thoughts welcomed.

Cheers

2. Andre

Are there any replies to this post?