Cambelt Not Changed @ 74k PD130.

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
I think i might end up answering my own question but i will ask anyway.

My PD130 has done 74k and hasnt had the cambelt done, But it is serviced when it should be!, I just forgot all about it TBH. Been running the miles traveling to Ipswich and back to see my girlfriend. Over this month i am going to add another 800milesto that. I need to see if the garage can fit me in ASAP. But if they cant is the car still fine just cruising and and back up the motorway about 250miles?.

Thanks
Luke

Deleted member 13581

+1.

It could go at any point, or could last another 20,000 miles.

Best to be sure and change it.

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Well booked the car in at an Indepnedt VAG garage where they guys are top notch. £205 +VAT which seems good, Was expecting £280+. The guy said you should be alright but you would have to be unlucky for it to go but there is no saying.

Luke

Deleted member 13581

Thats not bad. Just a shade over £240.

Ive got the kit to do mine on its way. Getting my VW tech mate to do it along with a normal 60k service and a few other bits and bobs.

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Cant complain. Was thinking of having it done at a Seat dealer so it looks better in the service book when i sell it. But i dont know if i would trust them. What are Seat dealers charging anyway?.

Luk

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
thats a good price. I would'nt drive it until done as you know what happens when you tempt fate.

On the subject of cambelts.

My mum has a 5yr old Polo 1.4, the car has a grand total of 9,000 miles on the clock ( i kid you not) and by rights the cambelt should be done now on age, but do people think it should be done yet considering it has such low milage.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
thats a good price. I would'nt drive it until done as you know what happens when you tempt fate.

On the subject of cambelts.

My mum has a 5yr old Polo 1.4, the car has a grand total of 9,000 miles on the clock ( i kid you not) and by rights the cambelt should be done now on age, but do people think it should be done yet considering it has such low milage.

are you sure it belt not chain as my friends 1.4 polo is chain

if its belt yes get it done as the rubber of the belt and the plastic impeller on the water pump still break down over time and fail

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
That's quite a good price for a cambelt service. I recently replaced the cambelt on my car, 52 plate PD130 on 55k. I left it for longer than I should of and didn't want it snapping whilst my car was at P-Torque for a remap:lol:. Here's what the old belt looked like,

Timingbelt2.jpg

Timingbelt1.jpg

All in it cost me £100 to replace the cambelt and water pump as I did the work myself. I also replaced all the other fluids and filters at the same time :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.