camshaft solenoid and n75 valve

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
hi fellow ibiza drivers (Y)

well lets start my 1.8 20v fr was runing awesome untill a coil went so i got a new one and its still was the same :L so i replaced the hold lot and it was still runing boggy around 3000rpm :confused: so i have the spark plugs out to see if they had carboned up and no they wornt :confused: anyway a lot of messing and i found out the first coil the garage put in was wrong it was 3mm too long [:@] so i took it back and then my beast was back then! i could hear a rattle in the engine bay so i had it up on ramps and nothing comeing from the zorst :confused: so time went on and it got worse and worse untill i had no power no boost 4psi and some times no boost so i had poeple look at it and notheing by this point i am getting mad as hell with it so i took it on my sen to find out what was the problam, SO i got under the car to see if the manifold had come lose and no it was fine :confused: then i was moveing the charge pipe from the top of the engine and by chance i touched the top of the manifold and the 3 bolts holding the turbo was neary out the turbo was hanging on by a fred so i got on with it and niped it back up :funk: started it up and no rattle grovey waited till it warmed up and took it for a blast up the road with in the speed limmits :cartman:, BUT no it still wasnt runing right no noise just not boosting so looks at all the pipes i had took off they was sound :confused: right long story short i have took it to a vag doctor put it on the computer and a list as long as your arm :think: so it turns out the camshaft solenoid is kput and n75 valve is as well i had a feeling it was that tho :blink: so its gonner cost 200+ to get fixed so if anyone is suffing with the same problam it may be this,

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I would get a second apinion if I was you mate. The N75 rarely actyaly go wrong, it could be something else causing the N75 code...

PS, Grammer!!!

ljpacey

aka captin slow!!
Jan 19, 2009
grammer i am dyslexic matey i have to google most words i been told a 1000 times on is web site about my grammer, yes i no it
can be the map senser as well but i saw him do it with computer but well see what happends when i get it done, have you had anything like this go wrong? or anyone

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.