Can any one Rate the Kenwood KDC-W7537U? What you think?

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
car_photo_219619_7.jpg

Looks good for the price and that i has USB is a big bonus.

Was just wondering if any one has this head unit or can rate it to give me an idea to how good it is.

Have never played about with Kenwood but am interested in this one :)
Now only £149

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw7537u-p-5741.html

Thanks for your time....

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Not a big fan of Kenwood - they can barely make food processors properly...

You could spend the same money and get a half-decent Alpine which will still be working in 10 years.

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon

You could spend the same money and get a half-decent Alpine which will still be working in 10 years.

yeah most people have recommended Alpine, but have they got any USB head units in smiler price range?

Cheers mate:clap:

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
I got a kenwood and had no problems so far, not had it for years though. Its a model or 2 down from that one, USB slot is good and useful, and mine came with a bluetooth car kit which has been really great. When I looked Kenwood was the only HU available with a rear facing USB. front facing just looks tacky imo

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Thanks for all the help and posts guys.... !

My bro went for a Panasonic head unit in the end any works very well...

Only Prob is i made a school boy error, got some infinity speakers for his front doors and didn't realise that the infiniti speakers need an amp..... Crap!

Malice19

Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
LOL! just connected up the crossovers and have got both 2 front door speakers and rear 6x9's running off 50wx4 Panasonic Head unit and is still loud.... Ace.

Panasonic head unit has not let me down once yet!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
not used the model but dont like the latest kenwoods (and others) shiny knobs (ooer)

i have fat oily fingers so usually cant turn em up or down easily on the move

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
LOL! just connected up the crossovers and have got both 2 front door speakers and rear 6x9's running off 50wx4 Panasonic Head unit and is still loud.... Ace.

Panasonic head unit has not let me down once yet!

That sounds like a nice setup, but just wait until you amp up those speakers...go on...you know you want to...then maybe a subwoofer, rear speakers, maybe two subwoofers, a second amp etc. etc .:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com

Different Kenwoods ;) Kenwood LTD make food processors, Kenwood Electronics make car audio, hifis etc. Completely different companies. [B)]

The Kenwood HU the original poster asked about is a half decent unit. I'm not so keen on the sound of Kenwoods these days, but then I'm a picky bugger when it comes to anything colouring the sound coming out of my speakers.

Just seen this thread!

I have that exact stereo...it's ok, does what it says on the tin etc. Sound quality is pretty good, and a vast improvement over the Aura.

Only criticism is that the navigation through the ipod playlist menu is a bit slow, and it doesn't always want to go 'back' through the menu when I tell it to...

I've just bought the Alpine iDa-X001 and bluetooth phone kit to go with it...... looks a lot more user friendly....

silverFR

car_photo_219619_7.jpg

Looks good for the price and that i has USB is a big bonus.

Was just wondering if any one has this head unit or can rate it to give me an idea to how good it is.

Have never played about with Kenwood but am interested in this one :)
Now only £149

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw7537u-p-5741.html

Thanks for your time....

Just fitted the exact head unit into our recently purchased 54 plate leon

Works a treat with the ipod and also got the bluetooth adaptor to go with it so it pairs with the phone and comes through the front speakers.

Plugs straight into the std wiring loom, just needed the DIN adaptor plate (plastic about a fiver)

got it all on ebay for less than 200 notes!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
got the previous version of this. had it for a year and a bit, with bluetooth adaptor and external 40gig hdd in glove box. works great, no problems. cheap too :D