Can anyone PLEASE recommend an E-Tuner for me?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hey everyone if you haven't noticed I'm not in the UK like you blokes so I cannot drive up to a tuner and get it tuned on a dyno. It is popular in the US to get E tuned... I did so on my 400hp WRX and it was the tits ( • )( • ). You log your car and send the logs to the tuner and they send you adjustments back... you do this a few times until you and the tuner are pleased with the tune and driveability. Can anyone recommend a tuner from the UK that can do a sweet E-tune for me? Of course keeping costs down would be nice but having a fantastic tune is the most important. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Surely you have access to tuners in Germany? APR for example have quite a few dealers around the country.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Surely you have access to tuners in Germany? APR for example have quite a few dealers around the country.
Yes there are a few for sure. There is an APR dealer and tuner 100miles from me. Don't get me wrong I loved my APR s3 back in the states but I've heard nothing but good things about your tuners on the island. Also looking for guys who deal with 20vt often and know them well... unfortunately not so easy to search Google in Germany using English... so I thought I'd give it a try. Also worth a shot looking in the US since it's an E tune it doesn't matter where the tuner is.

Does anyone here have the APR tune that's active? Reviews on your experience?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Not the info you're after, sorry, but when I took mine to the local APR tuner they advised me to have it custom mapped on their dyno, same price. Can't say I've heard of E-tuning as an option over here in the UK at all. I guess because distances are so much smaller between places there's not much call for it?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
The best UK tuner for 20VT is R-Tech but they wont E-Tune. Have you tried E-Tuners in Greece, the company is literally called "E-Tuners"

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Not the info you're after, sorry, but when I took mine to the local APR tuner they advised me to have it custom mapped on their dyno, same price. Can't say I've heard of E-tuning as an option over here in the UK at all. I guess because distances are so much smaller between places there's not much call for it?
Did they still utilize the APR tuning software and then custom mapped on top? If so how do you like it? What power are you putting down with that APR software. Dyno graph by any chance? Curiosity kills

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
That's a good point... the USA is quite a bit larger landscape ... I didn't think about that one

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
The best UK tuner for 20VT is R-Tech but they wont E-Tune. Have you tried E-Tuners in Greece, the company is literally called "E-Tuners"
Damn ... that's a pity. Humm I haven't but I'll take a look into it. Do you by any chance know the other popular tuners for the 20vt on the island? When not it's ok I can search too

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Did they still utilize the APR tuning software and then custom mapped on top? If so how do you like it? What power are you putting down with that APR software. Dyno graph by any chance? Curiosity kills
I think it's completely custom rather than based on APR, could be wrong though. Happy to post up the Dyno later. Went from 110 TDi that's now 144 bhp, bags more torque too. https://www.volksworkshop.co.uk Really good guys there, they sourced my 2nd hand gearbox when my original one went.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I think it's completely custom rather than based on APR, could be wrong though. Happy to post up the Dyno later. Went from 110 TDi that's now 144 bhp, bags more torque too. https://www.volksworkshop.co.uk Really good guys there, they sourced my 2nd hand gearbox when my original one went.
Cool man that's awesome! I'd be interested to see what numbers a pd110 makes. Are you on a 6 speed box?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Did they ever make a tuning box for it? Eg DTUK.
They have a DTUK and I believe a RaceChips for the 1.8t but.... isn't that more of a gimmick than actual tuning? Sure better throttle response but I don't think it's quite custom tuning capable.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Another good thought... but isn't putting a tune from another car a bad idea? All cars are a bit different or?

You will need an ECU with immobiliser off, by time you have spent £££ and messed around, you might as well just get a German tuner to do it.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
You will need an ECU with immobiliser off, by time you have spent £££ and messed around, you might as well just get a German tuner to do it.
I didn't want to do this Haha. I'm more looking to find a tuner that will work with me remotely. Not trying to buy someone else's ecu.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
No problem. It's a 5 speed box, new LUK clutch and DMF fitted too. Not even a PD either, ASV engine :)

And one beautiful paint detailing job.... you made the paint look so smooth!

do you ever drive with your hand out the window rubbing the smooth paint ? or am i just that weirdo?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Ha ha, thanks! Up close she's covered in scratches though and the bonnet needs attention badly.

I'd say you were a weirdo... NEVER TOUCH CLEAN PAINTWORK :D

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
1109C48E-E71B-4CAD-BFCA-EEC3BFD6BD39.jpeg
Here’s the printout from the Dyno runs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.