Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Can I code fog lights to be always on can't use light switch will explain below.

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Mohamed emarah, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Mohamed emarah

Mohamed emarah Active Member

So my 2019 leon doesn't come with light sensors and an auto switch so I retrofitted and original light switch that has auto lights but I could only buy aftermarket light sensors I need to do that to get coming/ leaving home lights . The problem is the light sensor connects to the auto switch then I connect both to the car but with the light sensor connected I can't turn on my fog lights no matter how I turn the switch , I tried it without the light sensor connected and the fog lights turn on when I pull the switch normally so is there a way I can code the fog lights to be always on ? They turn on when I rotate the steering wheel .

2. LouG

LouG Active Member

It depends on the laws where you live. It's not legal here.

3. Mohamed emarah

Its not illegal where I live

4. Scotty

Scotty Active Member

Nor in the UK, but I've never heard of anyone getting prosecuted for it though.

5. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

generally looking like a bell end is enough to dissuade people from running around with them on :cartman:

LouG likes this.
  6. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Front or rear fog lights?

7. Mohamed emarah

Front

8. Rooster

Rooster Active Member

From memory, it's a non endorsable fixed penalty offence in England to use front fog lamps when visibilty is not affected, in fog or falling snow for example.

9. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Yes, same in Scotland but I've never heard of anyone getting done for it. If you drove around with the rears on you'd piss people off and I think you'd be far more likely to get pulled.

10. SRGTD

SRGTD Active Member

Some years ago, my brother got stopped by the police for having his front fogs on when visibility wasn’t poor.

There was thick fog when he started his journey but it cleared before he got to his destination but he forgot to turn his front fogs off. He didn’t get prosecuted; just got a ‘friendly’ warning.

11. martin j.

martin j. Active Member

Why bother, frankly they are little or no use in anything except fog and falling snow, can’t think of more than a dozen times I’ve used mine in, say, 20 years, in fact one of my cars doesn’t have fog lights and never missed them.

Seastormer likes this.
  12. z1ts

z1ts Leon FR ST 1.4 Tsi DSG

I didn't get prosecuted for it, but I did get pulled and a curt "you've got your foglights on mate - any reason?" from a copper.........

13. Mohamed emarah

Can we please stay on topic :)

Rooster likes this.
  14. Jaco2k

Jaco2k AWD FTW

I coded my fogs to be one along with the long lights, so it definitely can be done.
    Each light channel has different "lanes" in the configuration, which are different behaviors.
    You simply go to the light channel for the bulbs assigned to fog lights, take a lane that is not used and assign it to the function you want - for instance to act as DRL or as regular lights.

Mohamed emarah likes this.