Can i fit a Dump Valve

davidgoodwin180

Jul 26, 2009
www.purbeck.photos.co.uk
hi guys, can i fit a DV to my leon 1.8t, i have read alot about DV's on leon and these comments pretty much say not to fit one as it will mess up the managment system.

can anybody confirm this and if so what els are my options.

thanks David

Aug 24, 2007
you need a diverter valve mate, same principal but the waste air is recycled :)

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
You need the forge p007. By modding the airbox and removing the sound proofing from under the bonnet you'll here the dv. But these engines will never give you the same loud dv noise that you get from cosworths scooby's etc.

stef cupra

Jul 4, 2007
kidderminster
my last car was a scoob aswell mate, with a bov. i have a hks ssqv fitted to my leon cupra 180, runs perfectly fine and has done for 25000 miles. not as loud as the scooby one but works fine, no loss in power, just a 'check dv' fault code on vagcom.

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
turbosmart duel port is pretty loud and does bring up fault codes

Dec 6, 2008
Shropshire
Your car has a dump valve fitted, its just a recirc DV as opposed to atmospheric. You can get a split valve that recircs some and releases some, can be awkward to set up and can cause problems if not set up right but is better than a full atmospheric.

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
ive notcied there is a fine line to it.. you would need a twin piston one like a bailey dv26-d but the spring has to be bang on if its to strong you will get turbo stall and to light it will leak air..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members