Candy White Cars

fenman

Aug 11, 2010
Cambridgeshire
Depends how much you care. I washed mine three times since November, its a bit pointless as it gets to a certain level of dirtiness very quickly in winter and stays there. Probably more motivation to keep it clean in the summer as you might enjoy it for longer. The front and sides are kept fairly clean by driving through rain on the motorway, its the tailgate that gets really dirty.

Obviously white shows dirt much more than say track grey or silver.

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
No worse than any other IMO. Ive had red, black, silver previously. I might of said black was worse due to that annoying water marks / streaking you can get

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Id say its no worse than any other car too,

Mine is black and shows up the dirt very easily, at the moment it has a matt look to it because of all the dirt

saintelise

Pain in the arse :headhurt:

As someone has said above, the tailgate and rear bumber get particularly grubby very quickly.

I clean mine every other week and use Auto Glym Aqua Wax to help the paintwork repell the dirt.

I'm still glad I chose candy white - had plently of silver, grey and blue cars IMO they show the dirt a lot less.

jaykicksass

2011 SEAT Leon SE 1.2 tsi
Jun 11, 2009
devon
What's it like in the summer with all the bug?
My black car is impossilbe to keep clean the slightest bit of rain and its dirty, then you wash it and you've got to dry it or it looks worse than before you washed it!

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
mine gets to a certain level then seems to stay a little grubby. but i did a drive into middlesbrough and back at the weekend, (say 20 mile round trip) and the car was incredibly dirty after just one run....wierd, drove them roads for years and not seen that amount of muck laid on a car so quickly...
just wants a wash off once a week.

folled a lad called ben(on here) with his white K1 all the way home. he lives near me and his car was dirty and he said he washed it that morning.

in my experience silvery grey colours look best at hiding road muck but personally i dont think that colour is best suited to the leon...imho...

Mar 25, 2008
Good coat of wax and your jammin.

Personally I found My CW Leon easier to clean than any other car as you can clearly see where you have washed!

moggy

Jan 9, 2011
hi marty i think i must just be round the corner from you , i think ive seen you and ben's cars about!! does his have the square numberplate on the front?

moggy

Jan 9, 2011
cool, will have a look

to get it back on topic, i've just got black - its bloomin filthy already, my old blue megane used to hide the dirt really well, not sure what ive let my self in for with black.

there's a lass at work who has a white scirocco and that seems to get dirty easy then doesnt seem to get any dirtier if you know what i mean, looks kinda cool with a bit of muck on.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.