Cant edit posts in my RR

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just done an update to my RR and went back to try and edit the first post and title and there is no edit box for all my posts bar the most recent
Has something changed or become locked??
Another way of editing i dont know about??

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've been making some changes to the time limits on editing.

Still working on getting it to do exactly what I want it to :)

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Ok no rush, just i thought i may have altered something somewhere without realising
So is editing now going to only be allowed on posts under a certain age?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Is there any plan to keep the first post editable as i know many RR have newest photos and spec lists which are updated reguarly, almost a car summary post

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
m0rk sorry to be a pain mate but I'm currently oranising 2 event's and I wont be able update the attendees list on the 1st post if you set a 1 hour time limit on editing.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Bear with me, the time limit is required, but I'm trying to work on a 'way around' for first posts

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
As you most likely know I have a mix thread in the general topics section that I keep updating. Would like to keep this going but if its no longer possible then so be it, will just start a new thread each time

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
How comes your setting a limit to when you can edit posts? Seems a bit pointless to me. I like the fact you have freedom to edit your posts, especially in your own threads

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
To be honest, I was getting miffed by people going back over their threads removing 'useful' information

As this is a 'self help' forum, the fact that people are happy to come & take the help, ask for help & then delete their own help just goes against the point of a self help forum

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
I think most peeps are mainly bothered about their first posts in threads being editable. Im sure if you sort that the majority of folk will be happy :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.