Cant edit posts in my RR

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Bloody hell. I spent ages trying to edit a post, i thought my browser wouldnt load the edit button :lol: I hope the title and first post editing will remain :)

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
M0rk - can you give us an indication of when this will be sorted? Or if you are not sorting could you let us know that too please?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
This is daft, can this be fixed I want to update my RR!!

Come on why change what already works?!??!

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
+1 for not being able to edit the title, tis annoying. Hopefully there is something somewhere which will allow you to edit title but not posts.

That said it's annoying when reading through a reply you left and you find there's a spelling mistake in there which you want to correct before people think that you're foreign.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Hmmm, you should be able to edit the first post of a thread you started

I'll create a test account tomorrow then

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Note, I have only changed this in RR threads at the moment. I'll consider other area's (but they need to be done one by one & I'm not doing them all)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Can you do the meets section aswell ?
I'm trying to organise 2 big events at the moment and rather than being able to just update the attendees list on the 1st post I'm having to keep posting up new list, It just makes the thread harder to follow.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Still think this change is for the worse and not the good. Let me give an example: I was looking at my build thread and noticed that in one of my posts I have a couple of pics and a video (http://seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3675742&postcount=405). Now this video has probably been moved or something so it now just shows the Photobucket error message which in my opinion looks crap and not aiding anyone on the forum.

I for one would rather see this changed back so we have full control of our own posts

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
Still think this change is for the worse and not the good. Let me give an example: I was looking at my build thread and noticed that in one of my posts I have a couple of pics and a video (http://seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3675742&postcount=405). Now this video has probably been moved or something so it now just shows the Photobucket error message which in my opinion looks crap and not aiding anyone on the forum.

I for one would rather see this changed back so we have full control of our own posts

agreed

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
D.K - I'll make that change later - thanks for the heads up

Regarding infinite editing of posts - I can see some of the "Pro" points, but the vindictive nature of others has once against ruined it.

Anyway, back when we started we didn't give permissions to edit at all. If you made a typo, you just looked daft :)

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
D.K - I'll make that change later - thanks for the heads up

Regarding infinite editing of posts - I can see some of the "Pro" points, but the vindictive nature of others has once against ruined it.

Anyway, back when we started we didn't give permissions to edit at all. If you made a typo, you just looked daft :)

Can it be done on a per user or count post? 500+ posts have the ability to edit? Or 1,000+ posts etc?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise