Cant edit posts in my RR

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
How many people are gonna run this place into the gound with there actions lol, first the parts for sale section now restriction editing posts.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
How many people are gonna run this place into the gound with there actions lol, first the parts for sale section now restriction editing posts.

I wish people would just take a step back and think about what they have just written....And then think, does that really help the situation ?

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
What about first post editing in certain areas of the forum only? I have a mix thread in the Off Topic section that I update regularly by editing the first post. I want to keep on doing this if possible but recognise that would let all the other random threads be edited in the area and cause some of the issues you have hinted at in this thread - could it be moved to hobbies for instance and that whole section to have the first post edit option?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What about first post editing in certain areas of the forum only? I have a mix thread in the Off Topic section that I update regularly by editing the first post. I want to keep on doing this if possible but recognise that would let all the other random threads be edited in the area and cause some of the issues you have hinted at in this thread - could it be moved to hobbies for instance and that whole section to have the first post edit option?

I have no issue with that in that section.

I'll add that to the list to change over the weekend

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
:thumbup:Cheers for getting it sorted m0rk.

Still think this change is for the worse and not the good. Let me give an example: I was looking at my build thread and noticed that in one of my posts I have a couple of pics and a video (http://seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3675742&postcount=405). Now this video has probably been moved or something so it now just shows the Photobucket error message which in my opinion looks crap and not aiding anyone on the forum.

I for one would rather see this changed back so we have full control of our own posts

EL stop moving stuff:lol:

james.l

GT3071r LCR
Mar 18, 2008
My House
www.vagforum.co.uk
have you implemented a time limit on editing posts as well?

Would it be possible to add the edit to meets and events?

I also see you have added REP points?

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Only just noticed this

I have the MK3 big meet thread in the MK3 section which i cant edit post 1 with all the details :( it lets me edit all my other posts in the thread though, just not post 1

Its a national mk3 meet hence its in the mk3 section and not a region section

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, I'm not going to be opening up the Model specific section to being edited.

Consider us moving your 'meet' post to the cunningly titled 'national meets' section, and you have a closed, sticky thread in the Ibiza Mk3 section

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Probably the best idea then, i was going to post in national meet section at the start but wanted all mk3 owners to see it, alot of people dont view that section

But if its a sticky in the mk3 section then people will clearly see its moved so i have no problem with you doing that :)

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I'd like to edit my for sale ad if at all possible please. Infact I'd like to withdraw the advert completely but I seem unable to as per the new edit rule (which I've only just noticed existed :lol:)

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members