cant get cable to work on vcds

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
down loaded vcds from rosstech got a cable off ebay but it work work i installed the cable and saysit working

but go to test the cable in options and get this come up port status ok interface: not found

matt

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
EBAY says it all
if it was that easy to get vcds to work then everyone would do this and ross tech wont make any money!
its like anything someone has to pay for development of products hence the price of vcds from ross tech
vcds is cheap if you were after the vauxhall version its over twice the price

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Check which port the cable has been installed on, it needs to be on one of the first four serial ports and it's likely to be on port 7 or something.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
It's the right port I checked tht but it won't install the cable like it say on Ross tech I'm using windows7

But go on the properties for the cable and says it's workin it just vcds wont work with it when u do test to set it up

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Tried tht as see it on a post on here but won't even open the program if I do tht I think the problem is the cable not installed right but it won't install like the instructions say to on Ross tech

Matt

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
So is it on com port four and so is vcds? They're definitely both on the same wave length so to speak?

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Yea the cable is plugged in port 4 and vcds on settings is on port 4 as well

I have a feeling the cable not installed proply I didn't install like it says to on rosstech. I pluged the cable in and it installed it's self didn't and to go thought the install wizard thing. On the poperties it says it's workin tho

I'm new to vcds and diagnostics programs so haven't ever had to install a cable before

Matt

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Seatmann, do you know if ross tech got it working with 64 bit windows? I remember it being an issue before.

Nah I don't off hand, there seems to be a 64 bit driver from that link though. I would've thought it'd be the driver for the cable that'd be the hang up if anything.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
just abit not great with comps someone tht knows wht there doin might get it working

matt

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Some of the newer laptops are a right pain to get anything to work lol. A lot of them wont take 32 bit operating systems either.
When you say you couldn't download, is it your anti virus or firewall stopping it? Any messages from windows?

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
it said it was downloading but nothing come up on screen to do with downloading or installing

my laptop is a pain in the ass think im goin to give up with trying with it cant b assed with it now just want it to have a fault code reader

matt

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Get one of these off ebay for about £50, they're doss bits of kit and can do all the modules including airbags and abs etc. You can't do timing or that but you can read and clear anything.

http://www.auteltech.com/vag405.htm

I keep it in the car and it reads everything from the older stuff right up to really new cars.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'd second that Autel kit, I think considering how many people have had success with them I'm tempted to get one just to have it available. And if I do manage to get a new Leon for the missus I'm going to need something a bit better than an Ebay lead.