Car automatically locks itself with key in?

Davey2003Toledo

Dec 24, 2014
Hello folks! Just wondering whether the 2003 (Mark II) Toledo's central locking automatically locks the car after a certain amount of time?

Reason I'm asking is I'm struggling to find my keys to my 2003 Toledo having searched everywhere. Got a bad feeling I might have left the key in the boot, walked away and the car's central locking might have locked everything up afterwards automatically.

Can this happen?

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Yes it can and i did this the other week, luckily had my spare key though... most probable cause being the door lock module, mine is intermittently faulty so doesnt detect the door being opened and auto locks after a minute or however long it is. Other symptoms being the interior lights not coming on when door is opened and not beeping when lights are left on and door is opened

Davey2003Toledo

Dec 24, 2014
Okay much appreciated. I assume that the doors are not SUPPOSED to do that? Has done it to me once or twice when I haven't opened the doors but put something in the boot and then shut the boot. Luckily no keys - until this time...

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
It is meant to lock after 1 minute thats normal but if its doing it after the boots been opened then i would assume its the same sort of issue as the door lock module but for the boot where its not detecting being opened.. So the keys are stuck in the boot? You managed to get them out?

Davey2003Toledo

Dec 24, 2014
Daft sod I was! Actually found it somewhere else.! (Phew!) Otherwise may have been nightmare job phoning recovery people over Christmas and keeping my fingers crossed!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members