Car back from the garage....

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
My Ibiza was in the dealership today to sort out a few issues but to be honest i wish i hadn't bothered now... am somewhat pi$$ed off to say the least!

There was a constant rattling around the instrument cluster, they have fixed this but in the process they have left loads off fine scratches on the clear plastic. This might be ok for some people but not me, the car was in perfect condition but it isn't anymore.

The faulty blowers are still not working properly, some kind of report has gone to SEAT UK for guidance on resolving the issue as they haven't come across it before.... thankfully they could see they were not working correctly when they took the car out when i was with them.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The blower one is strange, but not unique I think. On my previous cross country commute there were a couple of really tight corners where, immediately after hard braking, I got a blast of cold air from the AC as I turned in. Often wondered about it over the 3 years I drove that route.

Just like you, I took a new SEAT to the dealer for rectification of 3 faults - they fixed none.

norton

Mar 5, 2016
they must replace the clear plastic they have scratched. i agree to some people this is a minor issue but if the car goes in immaculate condition you expect it returned in that condition. even more so from a main dealer after warrenty work

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Cheers Norton, my thoughts exactly. The car was in perfect condition.

I am going to call the service manager tomorrow morning. Am not going to kick off, just explain that I am not happy and I want it replacing.

Zoom

Apr 28, 2018
Cyprus
The plastic on the dashboard of the Ibiza, especially the piano black version, seems that is very easy to scratch. The car they had at the showroom of the dealership already had a few scratches.

For me this is the big difference between better and worst plastics in a car. Not how soft they are, but how easily they can be scratched. (although soft plastics are probably much harder to scratch)

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
The plastic on the dashboard of the Ibiza, especially the piano black version, seems that is very easy to scratch. The car they had at the showroom of the dealership already had a few scratches.

For me this is the big difference between better and worst plastics in a car. Not how soft they are, but how easily they can be scratched. (although soft plastics are probably much harder to scratch)

I personally prefer no shiny plastic at all due to the added reflections it creates when driving, never mind the problems scratching it so easy. yes its fashion at the moment but hopefully go very soon. Should maybe but some car wax on it n let it just dry matt, no glare and added scratch protection ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members