Car been delayed

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
Hi am new here so hello everyone. I ordered my new 115 fr sport on 25th March with a 8week wait. Got told a week later it was due to go on the production line that week (excitement had kicked in then) just phoned the garage today for update as i was due to pick it up in 4week to be told its not getting built for another 10weeks plus, so am looking at end of july beginning of august. Anybody else had a delay to there new fr sport?? Am gutted as i was really excited

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Wow I really must have just caught that in time then, mine was built week commencing 8th April and I had an update last Wednesday to say it was built, and waiting ship allocation. I've asked for another update today so we'll see where it is!

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
Wow I really must have just caught that in time then, mine was built week commencing 8th April and I had an update last Wednesday to say it was built, and waiting ship allocation. I've asked for another update today so we'll see where it is!

Hi when did you order yours please? An is yours the 115 fr sport? Am gutted to be fair from being told ye its on production line to ohh its not getting built for another 10 week plus :cry:

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
I had a nightmare with my FR 95! I ordered a monsoon grey with a fair few options on the 29th April 2018, then by mid June my seat dealership estimated delivery for September. Then a few weeks later I was told the Seat factory was shutting for 3 weeks so my car was put back to mid September. Then a week later I had a phone call telling me they stopped the production of monsoon grey and changed it to magnetic grey, which when I saw in the flesh looked nothing like what I had previously seen with monsoon grey. So my options from then were to wait until mid September for a car with all my options (performance alloys, dual climate, parking sensors and upgraded spoiler) however it be a colour I wasn’t keen on, order a complete new one and have it delivered mid December (bear in mind this was less than 3 weeks before my expected delivery date, so I had sold my previous car), or I was offered a bog standard mystery blue FR which would have the different 18” alloys (not the performance) fitted, as well as the bigger spoiler. That’s the one I chose, as I couldn’t cope without a car for 2/3 months

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
On a positive note you'll probably be getting a model year 2020 car not a 2019. Any new standard equipment is included on rollover orders I think.

Alternatively you could maybe cancel and get one right now from stock:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=sponsored&radius=1500&postcode=ln95ed&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=SEAT&model=IBIZA&aggregatedTrim=FR Sport&price-to=22500

Hi think i will just wait an see what happens, am just a bit gutted as i was really excited :yes: do you think much will change for the 2020 model?

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
I had a nightmare with my FR 95! I ordered a monsoon grey with a fair few options on the 29th April 2018, then by mid June my seat dealership estimated delivery for September. Then a few weeks later I was told the Seat factory was shutting for 3 weeks so my car was put back to mid September. Then a week later I had a phone call telling me they stopped the production of monsoon grey and changed it to magnetic grey, which when I saw in the flesh looked nothing like what I had previously seen with monsoon grey. So my options from then were to wait until mid September for a car with all my options (performance alloys, dual climate, parking sensors and upgraded spoiler) however it be a colour I wasn’t keen on, order a complete new one and have it delivered mid December (bear in mind this was less than 3 weeks before my expected delivery date, so I had sold my previous car), or I was offered a bog standard mystery blue FR which would have the different 18” alloys (not the performance) fitted, as well as the bigger spoiler. That’s the one I chose, as I couldn’t cope without a car for 2/3 months

Omg :doh: i have ordered it in black an requested a bigger spoiler and a armrest. I will just wait an see what happens. The garage said they will check in a couple of weeks as it might of changed again

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Hi think i will just wait an see what happens, am just a bit gutted as i was really excited :yes: do you think much will change for the 2020 model?

It's normally not much. There are often incremental improvements introduced with the model year change in May, and sometimes tweaking of specs. There aren't likely to be significant changes though.

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
Hey just a little update so after not getting any info an the deaership didnt no what was happening, i had a nice phone call off the dealership to say that my new car should be here in 7-10days :yes: so its magically turned up :clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.