Oct 29, 2019
Hi I’m looking at buying an Ibiza Fr probably a 2013-2015, and I just want some clarification on the 1.4 tsi engines.
So the 150hp 1.4 is twin charged and it’s the non-ACT engine, whereas the 140hp is the act unit and only turbocharged. I think I’m right in saying that but I’m not sure. Also does the 150hp only come with the 7speed dsg? And is there any obvious ways to tell the difference between the two.
Finally out of the two which would be better to modify, nothing crazy just like a stage 1 map?
Thanks in advance

SaracenUK

Aug 28, 2010
The 1.4 twin charge engine has been troublesome from day 1. You can read the horror stories in this forum.
My wife has the FR 1.4 ACT, yes its 6 speed manual but I think I prefer that over the earlier DSG's.
In the 5 years she's been driving it, covering 30K miles, the only issue she's had is the dire radio reception which still to this day, has not been resolved. We just stream from the phones anyway.
Rumour has it the 1.4 ACT can be remapped to about 175hp

Oct 29, 2019
The 1.4 twin charge engine has been troublesome from day 1. You can read the horror stories in this forum.
My wife has the FR 1.4 ACT, yes its 6 speed manual but I think I prefer that over the earlier DSG's.
In the 5 years she's been driving it, covering 30K miles, the only issue she's had is the dire radio reception which still to this day, has not been resolved. We just stream from the phones anyway.
Rumour has it the 1.4 ACT can be remapped to about 175hp
Thank you for the reply mate, yeh I’ve heard plenty of people have issues with the twin charged engine. I was leaning to the act engine for that reason and the better fuel economy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.