Car died Won’t Start

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Well having spent the day trawling the internet, it could possibly be a problem between the immobiliser chip in the key fob and the corresponding one in the instrument cluster not being in sync. which would make sense as the local garage disconnected the clocks and then reconnected them after a time. Then everything started working again and it’s not only Seat that have this problem Vw, Skoda and to some extent Audi do too. So I need to know from Seat if this hard reset has cured it or if I need a new set of clocks or can get my own repaired.Thanks everyone for your imput.
Bodger1.
From my days at Kia we sometimes would have a connection problem between key fob and reader, we would change the reader part, called the antenna it fitted around the key slot, maybe yours had a loose connection that was cured when the cowling was removed to get to the dash? If you can get a parts drawing it might confirm if Seat is the same.

Reactions: Bodger1

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Is this done with ignition off?
Sorry missed this earlier. Not 100% to be honest as the only MQB car I currently own has the digital dash and does not have this button, and been a while since I did this on former cars.

From the Mk7 Golf videos it looks like the ignition off.

Last edited:

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
It’s ok, I went out and messed about, reset the trip, buggered up the clock but there in the end, ta.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.