Car Lack 68 Opinions!

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
Mark.
I think im sold on the CL68-SC!

Now is it to be CL68-SG or P21s-or even BOTH!!
And how good is the CarLack Shampoo or is there better?

(mark what is CL68 LLS???)

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
foxes said:
Mark.
I think im sold on the CL68-SC!

Now is it to be CL68-SG or P21s-or even BOTH!!
And how good is the CarLack Shampoo or is there better?

(mark what is CL68 LLS???)

Sorry I keep forgetting to call it CL68-LLS that is the sealant glaze (CL68-SG) - its proper name is Car-Lack68 Long Life Sealant. :)

I will be using CL68 Shampoo throughout the week to give it a proper opinion but the ingredients are a near match for P21S as they are both citrus based and wax friendly. P21S Shampoo is superb by the way, its just that you get twice as much with the CL68 Shampoo. ;)

edited to add

Just getting my camera out now, about to try CarLack Plastic Cleaner.

Mark

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Coincidentally I've just used CarLack 68 for the first time yesterday. Polished out some minor swirls using Clearkote Vanilla Moose hand glaze, then a layer of CL68 and topped off by two coats of Optimum Car Wax. Best shine I've yet seen on a silver car. It was good with just the OCW but with the CarLack underneath it really glows.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The results look superb, i'll stick an order in later Mark, for some of this myself :) Time i treated my car, its looking a bit dull with all the winter weather. :(

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
ZBOYD said:
The results look superb, i'll stick an order in later Mark, for some of this myself :) Time i treated my car, its looking a bit dull with all the winter weather. :(

Cheers mate! I actually managed to get the entire car done this weekend and there was just enough patchy sun to get the CL68SC + LLS on it. 45 mins later it rained. :banghead:

If you need any tips just give me a shout. ;)

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
Hey Mark (again)

The Car-Lack68 SC & LLS look really good, have had great reviews and so I'm sold. I just need a wee bit more info with regards the whole cleaning to polishing process. Now don't get me wrong; I've cleaned and polished many cars over the years, but none of those cars have been worthy (imo) of top quality products, and with my new LC (Black Magic 03 reg) I wanna treat her nice :)

So:
(1) wash (buckets of water; can't get hose near enough) and shampoo car with Car-Lack shampoo (seems a better deal as you say than P21S as it's 1000ml). Use a sheepskin mitt? Why does one have a polyester front? (from your website btw)
(2) Then apply Car-Lack68 SC? Neat? Apply with microfibre cloth A and polish/remove with microfibre cloth B?
How many applications would 1000ml give on average for my Leon?
(3) Then apply Car-Lack68 LLS? Obviously this is applied neat with microfibre cloth C and polished with microfibre cloth D?

Is the exact same process repeated whenever cleaning, washing, polishing the car, or is it slightly different now that it has a coat of Car-Lack products on it?

Thanks in advance for the info. Always good to get it right in me head before purchasing ;-)

EDIT: the discount thing - SeatCupra have a 10% discount in effect & Seat forum 5% discount code?? Which one is it and what's the code.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
mark@carsparkle said:
Cheers mate! I actually managed to get the entire car done this weekend and there was just enough patchy sun to get the CL68SC + LLS on it. 45 mins later it rained. :banghead:

If you need any tips just give me a shout. ;)

Hopefully the weather will hold out this weekend for me to do the job :p

I bet it snows. :ban:

Like Jaybee has said, only tip really is a just to be straight in my mind, the application process?

Wash >> Dry/Chamois >> Car-Lack68 SC? Apply Neat? Buff? >> then apply Car-Lack68 LLS? Neat?, Buff?? Top up with wax??

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
ZBOYD said:
Hopefully the weather will hold out this weekend for me to do the job :p

I bet it snows. :ban:

Like Jaybee has said, only tip really is a just to be straight in my mind, the application process?

Wash >> Dry/Chamois >> Car-Lack68 SC? Apply Neat? Buff? >> then apply Car-Lack68 LLS? Neat?, Buff?? Top up with wax??

Jaybee/Mark

You have pretty much got it in one, however I'm quite concerned as you have received additional instructions with the products. I am about to send both of you an email! ;)

Mark

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
jaybeee said:
Hey Mark (again)

The Car-Lack68 SC & LLS look really good, have had great reviews and so I'm sold. I just need a wee bit more info with regards the whole cleaning to polishing process. Now don't get me wrong; I've cleaned and polished many cars over the years, but none of those cars have been worthy (imo) of top quality products, and with my new LC (Black Magic 03 reg) I wanna treat her nice :)

So:
(1) wash (buckets of water; can't get hose near enough) and shampoo car with Car-Lack shampoo (seems a better deal as you say than P21S as it's 1000ml). Use a sheepskin mitt? Why does one have a polyester front? (from your website btw)
(2) Then apply Car-Lack68 SC? Neat? Apply with microfibre cloth A and polish/remove with microfibre cloth B?
How many applications would 1000ml give on average for my Leon?
(3) Then apply Car-Lack68 LLS? Obviously this is applied neat with microfibre cloth C and polished with microfibre cloth D?

Is the exact same process repeated whenever cleaning, washing, polishing the car, or is it slightly different now that it has a coat of Car-Lack products on it?

Thanks in advance for the info. Always good to get it right in me head before purchasing ;-)

EDIT: the discount thing - SeatCupra have a 10% discount in effect & Seat forum 5% discount code?? Which one is it and what's the code.

If you buy CarLack Only products its 10%, if you purchase a range of stuff there is a 5% code. However, hold tight as I'm about to add accessories to the 10% code. :)

With regards to your bullet points:

1) The sheepskin mit with the polyester front. The polyester front is used to clean glass as the mesh more effectively removes the contaminants from the glass. Whatever you do, do not use the polyester mesh on paintwork.

2) Using MF Cloths for application is fine but my preference is to use a MF/Terry (slightly damp) applicator pad. Unfortunately I do not stock these. Never use a terry based cloth/applicatior to remove the excess Car-Lack68 SC/LLS.

3) Exactly the same Car-Lack68SC. However, the trick to getting the best result is to apply it as thinly as possible. Its much easier to remove and gives a high brilliant gloss look. Some pro's prefer to 'spit shine' the product by applying a demister to the bodywork using chilled distilled water prior to applying the CarLack LLS. Once the LLS has slightly hazed over (virtually no waiting time required - latent Wipe On Wipe OFF (WIWO) method) - buff to a high brillaint shine using a MF.

From a 1000ml bottle of Car-Lack68SC you will get approx 25-40 applications. However, bear in mind that you only use CL68SC once every 3-4 months as it contains cleaning agents and normally you use it to remove all the previous layers and to remove contaminants that have slightly penetrated the protective barriers (as well as adding the base acrylic layer). P21S Wax / Car-Lack68 LLS would be used every 1-2 weeks to build up the protective layers. Currently I am attempting to persuade the manufacturer to create larger bottles of LLS as it would make more sense.

CarLack + Mitts/Microfibre Discount 10% = SCCL00010
All products 5% discount = SC00050

Best regards,

Mark

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
mark@carsparkle said:
Jaybee/Mark

You have pretty much got it in one, however I'm quite concerned as you have received additional instructions with the products. I am about to send both of you an email! ;)

Mark

Ive not got mine yet, so i'll go with whatever you say :D

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
ZBOYD said:
Ive not got mine yet, so i'll go with whatever you say :D

Heh, it should have actually read - you should have received additional instructions with your products as the labels on the products are pants. Basically, I think its down to the fact the english translation is really bad. However, we have obtained approval to print our own labels. :)

jaybeee

[e]
Feb 24, 2006
Belfast
www.metalrhino.com
lol

I think ZBOYD means he (and me) haven't even ordered yet, let alone received any goods... but feel free to send us some :p

Again, thanks for the info and clarification.

So, after applying these two products, and a couple of weeks later the car needs another clean, I wash and clean with car shampoo, then apply just the Car-Lack68 LLS. The shampoo doesn't take the Car-Lack68 SC off I assume? (only itself does that then?)

Cheers

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
jaybeee said:
lol

I think ZBOYD means he (and me) haven't even ordered yet, let alone received any goods... but feel free to send us some :p

Again, thanks for the info and clarification.

So, after applying these two products, and a couple of weeks later the car needs another clean, I wash and clean with car shampoo, then apply just the Car-Lack68 LLS. The shampoo doesn't take the Car-Lack68 SC off I assume? (only itself does that then?)

Cheers

Hmm I think Mark may have ordered unless there is someone out there who has the same name.. ;)

The shampoo is specifically designed not to remove previous layers of carnauba wax or sealants such as CarLack-68 SC. :)

Mark

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer ive ordered :) I meant ive not yet received it, asked for it to be delivered to work, so if its come it'll be in the warehouse, or its on its way I guess.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
ZBOYD said:
Yer ive ordered :) I meant ive not yet received it, asked for it to be delivered to work, so if its come it'll be in the warehouse, or its on its way I guess.

With any luck it should be at the warehouse, normally takes 48 hours absolutely max but we say 72hours on the site just in case RM have an issue.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
foxes said:
Mark...how many layers can you apply ofCARLACK68(SC)!... before you apply CL68.LLS(SG) or any other product?

more the better?

Hi Foxes,

Car-Lack68SC can only be applied once, this is down to the cleaning agents that remove dirt, grime and.. previous layers of wax and sealants. :)

However, Car-Lack68LLS is a pure acrylic sealant with no cleaning agents so you could then apply as many layers as you want of that particular product on top of the Car-Lack68SC

Mark

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
ZBOYD said:
Mine arrived this morning Mark, cheers. Hopefully if the weather holds out, i'll get cracking this weekend. :)

Cool - let me know how you get on.

Dont wait more than 20 minutes from the first point of application in this sort of weather - it normally takes about 20 mins to apply it all over the car. So then, as soon as you have finished applying the stuff start removing the excess with a cloth.

As for the LLS just wipe it on as thinly as you can - give it a few mins and then take it off. If you want a more dense acrylic structure wait slightly longer but it can be a pain to take off. If you try and make the layer thicker by by putting more on - it wont make a difference as you will just remove more once you begin to remove the excess LLS.

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
ok pepes,before i order

can CL.SC..or.. CL.LLS remove light swirls caused by Seat neglegence[:@]
Paint was perfect uptil Weds!

P.s; i use washmit but do need some polish pads M/F towels ect.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.