Car Seat Questions

connorman73

Feb 8, 2019
we have the Jolie 360 and I regularly swap it between our Mazda CX-5 and the Leon, the only drawback we find is as you have to leave a gap between the back of the car seat and the front seat it can mean that the passenger seat is pulled forward making it a bit cramped for long legged people, with the isofix tho its an doddle to swap between the cars.

Reactions: louiskopite

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
We started off with a maxi Cosi cabrio fix once you fit the isofix base its just a case of slotting the seat in, about 8/9 months in noticed he started to bend his legs against the back seat so time to upgrade as running out of space.
We went for the Recaro young sport hero as it had decent reviews and lasts until age 12 from 1 as couldn't be doing with buying 3 car seats over the course of him growing up.
Belts in with the seatbelt in like 2 mins looks good and goes with the suede/leather interior in black and red.
His feet don't reach over the back seat yet so the passenger seat can't be pushed fully back.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
We use the Maxi Cosi 2 Way fix base with the isize pebble at the moment.

The one issue I've come across is that the base hits the surrounds of the isofix points before it's pushed into the rear cushion, so it rattles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
I just got my Leon this weekend and have a question about the fitting for the Maxi Cosi Family Fix bases. Usually they live in my wife Mk7 Golf and are absolutely perfect. I put them in the Leon this weekend (Cupra with Lux pack, so has leather seats) and am really stuggling to get the fit right.

The base seems to slide along the Isofix loops, making a nasty noise of metal on metal (the Isofix arm from the seat base against the metal Isofix loop in the car).

If I lower the base using the adjustable front post, so that it's sitting more on the leather to stop it sliding, the post doesn't sit firmly on the car floor and the sensor keeps triggering the warning beep ( in the seat base, not the car).

What am I doing wrong? When driving, almost everytime I take a turn, the seat & base moves and we get that loud noise. Not great when your kids are sleeping in the seat. We don't have that issue in the Golf, but the Golf seats are cloth - that's the only difference I can think of.

Thanks

Cano

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Is it pushed into the upright seat cushion properly?

I have to take the plastic trim pieces off the seat to get mine to fit properly.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I just got my Leon this weekend and have a question about the fitting for the Maxi Cosi Family Fix bases. Usually they live in my wife Mk7 Golf and are absolutely perfect. I put them in the Leon this weekend (Cupra with Lux pack, so has leather seats) and am really stuggling to get the fit right.

The base seems to slide along the Isofix loops, making a nasty noise of metal on metal (the Isofix arm from the seat base against the metal Isofix loop in the car).

If I lower the base using the adjustable front post, so that it's sitting more on the leather to stop it sliding, the post doesn't sit firmly on the car floor and the sensor keeps triggering the warning beep ( in the seat base, not the car).

What am I doing wrong? When driving, almost everytime I take a turn, the seat & base moves and we get that loud noise. Not great when your kids are sleeping in the seat. We don't have that issue in the Golf, but the Golf seats are cloth - that's the only difference I can think of.

Thanks

Cano
Had a similar issue when moved from the Mk2 to the Mk3 with leather. However Movement side to side is fine, if anything in a side impact you’d want it to slide a little. The noise is the metal teeth on the isofix bracket nothing more.

If you’re really bothered about it, get a £7 seat protector from Halfords for the base to sit on. One of the ones that protects the back of the seat as well as the base. When I fitted it it seems to reduce the movement.

Last edited:

Cano

Mar 28, 2019
Is it pushed into the upright seat cushion properly?

I have to take the plastic trim pieces off the seat to get mine to fit properly.

I thought it was, but will have to check tomorrow. The car's away getting a new car detail today.

Mar 23, 2023
For those saying seats only go up to 4, massive believer in keeping your child rear facing as long as possible, helps protect their neck in an accident when it’s at a critical development stage and not as strong.

A lot of rear facing seats will only go up till approx 4. All depends on weight and height of course.

As for seats, newer versions are available now but when she was a baby, we had the Maxi Cosi Pebble with an isofix base.

Then we moved onto a Nuna Rebl for about 2-3 months. Seemed perfect and was told passed all the tests and 360 swivel. Turned out in its rear facing mode it was failing the more stringent German crash test l. So we got a full refund on it.

We moved onto the Cybex Sirona. This was after a LOT of research using Which. We’re still using this seat now but in my parents car, however she’s going to be to heavy for it soon. She turns 4 in May. Due to its size the front passenger seat is quite far forward, fine for my wife, but I wouldn’t like to do a long journey in the front.

There is a newer version out now that my best mate Dan has now got. Still a cracking seat and would highly recommend.

For any one worried about rear facing for so long. My daughter is tall for her age, but is all legs. She’s never once complained about being rear facing, she has had her legs crossed, or bent or straight with them nearly on the headrest. Always been happy. Even for a 2 day journey to south France as well as 2 days back.

Only now have we gone to a forward facing seat on our car.

I wanted a harness seat still when she went forward at first, but still be able to go till she’s older and use the seat belt. Safety is important obviously but child seats are expansive!

I didn’t realise that isofix is limited by the weight. So the lighter the seat, the heavier the child can get before it has to use the seat belt.

I went with the Britax Advansfix IV. Good side protection, isofix and the top tether. Also still uses the isofix (like most these days) even when you move onto the seat belt. It also has an extra tether point for the seat belt to sit in that goes between the child’s legs. Makes sure they don’t slip under the belt in an accident.

Also even though my daughters legs aren’t long but not long enough to dangle over the edge of the seat properly just yet, the front seat can still be moved back for me to sit comfortably in the front.

Now not saying the seats I’ve bought are the best option for everyone. My best Avicenna is stump up the cash for a which subscription for a month and research the crap out of it. When I did it, it was like £1 for the first month trial.

Mar 23, 2023
I too want my grandchildren rear facing until the bitter end. I have bought a BeSafe Stretch , currently being used by a 4yr old, 3yr and 1yrold.. Struggling to find a garage to fit tether loops under front seat runners and floor. ERF is the best thing for children I just wish more people understood the benefits.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.