Car stereo wiring colours help

Douggie9x

Mar 4, 2017
Hi all
I've just bought a MK4 SEAT Ibiza
i did have a MK4 Golf and i went to fit the stereo i got for that (need the USB port, never use CD's)
but the wiring is different. I discovered that at least the power cable is different (the 12v and GND are switched and the keyswitch is in a different place)
Does anyone have a guide with the wire colours and what each of them are so i can rewire my loom to match?
Had a look online but i've come up short :l
Thanks

Douggie9x

Mar 4, 2017
Actually yes, thank you
that has helped clear some things up though what I'm after is what each of the wires coming out of the SEAT do, as the loom i have going into the stereo is wired slightly differently
(though that thread has helped me clear up what the wires coming from the stereo are for, as wellas help me with linking the steering wheel controls)

Here's what i ahve so far;
POWER BLOCK
Blue/Black - +12V Constant
Blue/Brown - 0V
Grey/Blue -???
Grey/White - ??? had 7.5V on multimeter but unsure of function
Brown/Red - Keyswitch 12V
Purple/White (two wires) - ??? 5V supply when key is in, remains on for short time after key removed

SPEAKER BLOCK
Blue - Rear Passenger Speaker
Blue/Green - Rear Passenger Speaker
Blue/White - Front Passenger Speaker
Green/White - Front Passenger Speaker
Blue/Red - Front Driver Speaker
Green/Red - Front Driver Speaker
Blue/Black - Rear Driver Speaker
Green/Black - Rear Driver Speaker

I assume that all the blue or greens are + or - for each speker, though i haven't had a chance to take the door panel off to see which ones which

If anyone can confirm what i have and/or fill me in on the ??? wires as i'm not sure on their functions
(and if this questions already been answered then please link, i did search but came up short.)
Cheers

J14roj

Sep 5, 2018
Actually yes, thank you
that has helped clear some things up though what I'm after is what each of the wires coming out of the SEAT do, as the loom i have going into the stereo is wired slightly differently
(though that thread has helped me clear up what the wires coming from the stereo are for, as wellas help me with linking the steering wheel controls)

POWER BLOCK
Blue/Brown - 0V
Grey/Blue -???
Purple/White (two wires) - ??? 5V supply when key is in, remains on for short time after key removed

SPEAKER BLOCK

I assume that all the blue or greens are + or - for each speker, though i haven't had a chance to take the door panel off to see which ones which

If anyone can confirm what i have and/or fill me in on the ??? wires as i'm not sure on their functions
(and if this questions already been answered then please link, i did search but came up short.)
Cheers
Didn’t you
Actually yes, thank you

POWER BLOCK
Blue/Brown - 0V
Grey/Blue -???

SPEAKER BLOCK

Cheers
did you end up sorting this? I’m trying to wire in an aftermarket radio to a 07 Ibiza but it’s the only car on the planet where finding a harness to fit is impossible?

Nov 26, 2022
Didn’t you

did you end up sorting this? I’m trying to wire in an aftermarket radio to a 07 Ibiza but it’s the only car on the planet where finding a harness to fit is impossible?
I wired in my stereo by hand without an adapter I have got it functioning however the only cable I didn't really know what to do with was the gala cable, anyone able to explain where taht gets wired to. I have attached the seat ibiza pin configuration link for the alana radio

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.