car stops when fuel hot

Ezmigo

Mar 18, 2018
Hello,

I have a seat leon mk2 1.9 tdi 105 hp BKC engine from 2006 , this dear engine runs like a tank but once a while it goes berserk. Mine shuts off on traffic when the fuel is warm and the tank is below 1/4. The car stops like it shut himself off, usually on the trafic lights or on traffic, the engine starts again after a few sequence of cranks (like fuel is missing or waiting for something to cooldown). After runs normal, when it cools down, starts normally.

Changed the fuel pump, brought a expensive fuel filter, create a new earth engone wire, change the thermal sensors on engine and coolant, change cambelt sensor and crankshaft and it seems to have done the job until yesterday that decided to go off. On inspection with another Seat Leon Mk2 (this time the 2006 FR), notice that my fuel cooler radiator is missing under the car :confused:.

Is normal the Bkc engine 105 HP not having this radiator? all the manuals talk about this part and might be explaining why the car goes off on low fuel and warm .

Did anyone experience this problem
Many thanks

Last edited:

DavieTDI

Brain dead
Aug 3, 2013
kilmarnock Scotland
Hello,

I have a seat leon mk2 1.9 tdi 105 hp BKC engine from 2006 , this dear engine runs like a tank but once a while it goes berserk. Mine shuts off on traffic when the fuel is warm and the tank is below 1/4. The car stops like it shut himself off, usually on the trafic lights or on traffic, the engine starts again after a few sequence of cranks (like fuel is missing or waiting for something to cooldown). After runs normal, when it cools down, starts normally.

Changed the fuel pump, brought a expensive fuel filter, create a new earth engone wire, change the thermal sensors on engine and coolant, change cambelt sensor and crankshaft and it seems to have done the job until yesterday that decided to go off. On inspection with another Seat Leon Mk2 (this time the 2006 FR), notice that my fuel cooler radiator is missing under the car :confused:.

Is normal the Bkc engine 105 HP not having this radiator? all the manuals talk about this part and might be explaining why the car goes off on low fuel and warm .

Did anyone experience this problem
Many thanks

From what I can see that engine does list a cooler and from what I read the engine can cut out if low on fuel and fuel gets really warm.

http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...201/subcategory/201025/part_id/1397478/lang/e

Ezmigo

Mar 18, 2018
Update:

Done some pressure checks on the fuel line.

It seems as it reaches 4000 rpm, it loses pressure and shuts the car.

Trying to figure out why only loses pressure after 4000 between the fuel pump ( which always got pressure ) and the engine side pump ( which loses pressure).

Does anyone have any idea?

Many thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.