Nottinghamshire
I dunno, but that's a really weird looking Leon

getThumbnail_Image.aspx

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Would save a fair bit a weight but nothing too major

And Yes would look great on a black leon and something diffrent.

Not only that when you come to sell the car there will be alot of intrest in the carbon bonnet if you put black bonnet back on so would make some money back.

Just my 2 pence

Alex

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Yeah they are considerably lighter as i have a carbon bonnet. Need to watch out though as some sights advertising these bonnets alot of the time arent genuine companys that dont have numbers or proper company locations.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I've asked about this too.
Robdon has one and he said his is considerably lighter.
I'm going to cut out the support ribs of my OEM one.
The Carbon Fibre ones are about £450, cutting the rib's is free.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Yeah they are considerably lighter as i have a carbon bonnet. Need to watch out though as some sights advertising these bonnets alot of the time arent genuine companys that dont have numbers or proper company locations.

Weigh my freind.

And to be honest a bonnet isnt really heavy, ive never stuggled lifting them. Plus saving weight above where the most weight is on the car for the sake of a few kgs isnt really going to do much. Saving weigh else where is a diffrent matter.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
weight is weight though and any of is an advantage ;). I shall try and weigh mine when i get home but shall be near xmas as ive got 17 days left out here.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
weight is weight though and any of is an advantage ;). I shall try and weigh mine when i get home but shall be near xmas as ive got 17 days left out here.

Throwing the spare wheel out and putting battery in the boot will make more diffrence imo. And as for punctures avoid big nals and the gutter of the road and shouldent have a problem ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Weigh my freind.

And to be honest a bonnet isnt really heavy, ive never stuggled lifting them. Plus saving weight above where the most weight is on the car for the sake of a few kgs isnt really going to do much. Saving weigh else where is a diffrent matter.
Shaun, when your looking for a lighter car any lbs saved is going the right way.
But there are lots of extra pounds to be saved before buying a lighter bonnet.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Shaun, when your looking for a lighter car any lbs saved is going the right way.
But there are lots of extra pounds to be saved before buying a lighter bonnet.

I know that willie in your case, but my point being i dont think his is a full on track car so loosing 5kg on a bonnet but having a spare wheel etc makes no sense to me in spending all that cash on a bonnet, where as you can bin the spare and put battery in the boot to help weight distribution. Fiar play if he wants to waste money, if it was a full on track car then maybe.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Get rid of that posh comfy seats and you'll save a massive amount of weight;)
As above, get rid of the spare wheel and save 20Kg's. The MK2 LC's have a tin of tyre weld and a tyre pump, no spare.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I know that willie in your case, but my point being i dont think his is a full on track car so loosing 5kg on a bonnet but having a spare wheel etc makes no sense to me in spending all that cash on a bonnet, where as you can bin the spare and put battery in the boot to help weight distribution. Fiar play if he wants to waste money, if it was a full on track car then maybe.
100% agree

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
100% agree

Like guys that have 2 subs 20 amps 6X9's are these tone deaf or am i and old skool guy lol because i find that the standard system is adiquate on the noise level front. They add these and then a exhaust that you can hear 20 miles away, and boom boom boom how they sleep at night LOL.

Aside from morons, Yeah my 182 didnt have a spare wheel, only because reanutl thought hmmm il put an exhaust there :clap: Ive never had a spare wheel to be honest, i binned me saxo one becuase it was no use.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.