Carbon Fiber wrapping

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
I have just bought some carbon fibre vinyl to wrap either my bonnet or roof, along with the wing mirrors, door handles and door Pillars. would like some advise as to which parts i should do first if at all?? i have already done some interior with this stuff and its awsome!

Comments all welcome cheers.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You can get carbon fibre look pillars from Seat! There's a thread on here and my car as always had them.

I would just get the pillar decals from Seat, do the mirrors (seen these done before) they looked good and then maybe the roof but leave it at that...... also from Seat you can get a carbon fibre decal to go behind the rear number plate!

Leave it at that then.... would only go mad if the bits are real carbon fibre!

Last edited:

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
Yeah I don't want it to look chavi just a nice door and b pillars I think that will do it. I'll post some pics up when it's all done

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
You can get them all from Seat then.... check out my project thread and you see them also there was a thread with all the parts numbers for them.

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
Here are a few of the Interior parts which i have just finish Wrapping, sorry about the quality i took them on my Iphone.

Here is a before shot taken a long time ago.
Ryanscar004.jpg

and here is the after.....

CarbonFiber010.jpg

CarbonFiber009.jpg

CarbonFiber004.jpg

CarbonFiber008.jpg

CarbonFiber012.jpg

Comments welcome as im not sure if i like it??

Thanks

CarbonFiber007.jpg

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
I would be happy to do other peoples I'm doing some for people on a golf forum too. But cost would depend on what you want doing as the carbon vinyl is exspencive.

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
It's not to hard just need a heat gun to make the vinyl pliable to bend round the corners. I have just finished my roof which took 2 of us 4 and a half hours. Not as easy as I thought but loving the result. Pics comming soon!

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
Here are a few pics not very good as taken from my iphone. I know i could do a better job if i was to do this again but for a first time effort i think it came out ok. Its ok working with small parts like i have previously done but working on suck a large scale the Vinyl is hard to keep flat and stop it crom creasing.

Well this is the final result. Im happy with it but just needs a bit of back to black rubbing on it to get rid of some scuffs and get it looking clean etc.

CarbonFiber013.jpg

CarbonFiberroof.jpg

Last edited:

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
I really like the roof. It looks great.

Love the look of the interior bits that you have aswell. Where did you get the vinyl from?

I got it from a place called William smith, its a industrial sign making place, or you can buy it from ebay, search for 3M carbon fiber.

Last edited by a moderator:

crossedmike

I have just bought some carbon fibre vinyl to wrap either my bonnet or roof, along with the wing mirrors, door handles and door Pillars. would like some advise as to which parts i should do first if at all?? i have already done some interior with this stuff and its awsome!

Comments all welcome cheers.

how much was the wrap and how much did you get if you dont mind me asking because i wanted to do the centre console and speedo clocks and maybe the bonnet but depending on price im in 2 minds as a previos comment mine has the carbon fibre on alread on door pillars and numberplate surround and in the back boot lifter :)

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
I have just finished also carbon wrapping the blanking panels for the wing mirror covers on the inside. Just thought i would add this, im going to be doing a few more bits so will just update as i go along. hope you all like?
NewImage.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members