Carbon Fibre Vinyl - Lets see your handy work?

Nef

Looking Rather Dappa
Mar 30, 2009
Cambridge
Know theres quite alot of people using this stuff now, seem to stand up to all the weather conditions ok,

Just wondered where everyone was sticking it,

so.... Lets see everyones handy work? :D

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Ill post mine up soon , Carbons comeing wednesday so ill be playing around all week . Getting ideas from dk :p ,

Going for A / B pillars, S badges , center console if i cant be fafed

Just to ask how did you do ur S badges dk?and what stuff did you use [Link if possible] as im going to have a pop myself :)

Last edited:

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
This is the stuff I 1st used http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220461679094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
but I'v got some better vinly stuff now.
Basically you jst cover the item, heat it up a bit with a hair dryer and stretch it into place, just make sure you'v got a really sharp knife

dang that stuff aint cheap , I got some cheap crap off ebay for 10 quid? Sticky back stuff just to have a go with . Still use the hair dryer method? . Going to get some of this also though :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Some of the cheaper stuff is pretty crap TBH,
From what I remember your dash should be Ok to do, the A & B pillers might be a bit more difficult due to them being textured, you will get air bubbles in the texture that wont come out, but it's worth a try.
Also make sure the sureface is clean, ise some alcohol spray to clean it otherwise it wont stick.

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Some of the cheaper stuff is pretty crap TBH,
From what I remember your dash should be Ok to do, the A & B pillers might be a bit more difficult due to them being textured, you will get air bubbles in the texture that wont come out, but it's worth a try.
Also make sure the sureface is clean, ise some alcohol spray to clean it otherwise it wont stick.

Right O . Just going to start pulling my car apart and carboning everything. Recon ill get a bug for it tbh .
Only set out to get the S Badge done thats why i baught it .. But one thing will lead to another im sure.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Strat with something simple and flat,
Also try and stick to one type of vinly and the patterns will change from different suppliers.

The real carbon is even better but very hard to work with ;)

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
Strat with something simple and flat,
Also try and stick to one type of vinly and the patterns will change from different suppliers.

The real carbon is even better but very hard to work with ;)

Yep going to start with the pillars i think. As they can be removed easy so should be fun :p . If its crap stuff ill go to the link you sent me and use them as it ''seems'' fairly easy . Want my S badge to turn out as good as yours but it seems like a B**h To do .The mirrors are crying to be done but no way could i do that . Think you should open ur own buisness in this . I'd post them off with cash to you since ur so good lol

Last edited:

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
K1effecta-1.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Yep going to start with the pillars i think. As they can be removed easy so should be fun :p . If its crap stuff ill go to the link you sent me and use them as it ''seems'' fairly easy . Want my S badge to turn out as good as yours but it seems like a B**h To do .The mirrors are crying to be done but no way could i do that . Think you should open ur own buisness in this . I'd post them off with cash to you since ur so good lol

I'm going to be haveing another go at my mirrors soon, [B)]

Blade your roof looks wicked mate :clap:
I'm serioulsy thinking about getting mine done :think: