Carbon Speed 2.0T FSI Cold Air Intake

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
product_airbox1.png

Carbon Speed 2.0T FSI Cold Air Intake

Replacing the factory air box, this CAI kit gives a typical increase in torque of over 10% with an airflow increase of approximately 50% over the factory system.

Comes complete with a full fitting kit and oil-free Pipercross performance air filter.

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/leon-1p-engine-c-1932_1949_2149.html

Damian @ DPM

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Damian sounds interesting... have been looking at these for abit.. will have to wait and see people's views as i'm new to this and don't know whats best lol

Cupra-CY

I bought this intake from CarbonSpeed last September for my Cupra. It comes together with a PiperCross performance air filter. It fits fine. The only minor problem is that the bonnet support (where it curves a little near the base) touches it barely.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
We've just started doing these so don't have any RR figures as yet and at the moment just going off figures from Carbon Speed and Pipercross themselves.

Damian @ DPM

warren_cox

Back from the dead
They make a massive difference over the OE unit in terms of sound, air intake volumes, and urgency of the surge of acceleration.

The OE one dumps half of the airflow straight into the engine bay, so you are forcing so much more air into the system, and the thermal properties of the casing ensure its good cold air.

I have to go 'OE' for a trip back to the dealers and it felt sluggish afterwards. They dry panel filter combination works wonders with it too. They're not what you'd call an absolute bargain, but they are beautifully made and do make a genuine difference. I think they are worth it if you want to retain an OE feel to the bay without ripping the engine cover off like the Neuspeed or dbilas units.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I have a couple of questions about this kit if you dont mind.

Bang for buck, would you say it is worth spending the extra £170 for this kit over a Pipercross Panel Filter itself which is part of the kit (also from your webpage) here?

panel_LRG.jpg

Again, bang for buck, would it be better to spend another £75 over and above the price of the Carbon intake and get a Forge Intake also from your site here?

FMIND02_LRG.jpg

Cheers,

Horace

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
We do like the Forge one and we've had some great results with them fitted but it does mean getting rid of your engine cover, it's an open cone filter, which some people don't like using, and it's also more money.

The good thing about the Carbon Speed CAI is it doesn't effect the engine cover and force a lot more air into the system over the standard airbox which pretty much loses most it's air into the engine bay itself. This again still happens even if you put a panel filter into the standard air box so the Carbon Speed is definately a good option.

Hope this helps,

Damian @ DPM

reesy

May 4, 2007
South Wales
I've had this fitted for approximately 6 month now, and it is a great improvement on the stock filter and intake. I did consider others but did'nt fancy removing the engine cover, there is a slight increase in the torque but not much of a sound increase if any.

I also managed to get a bargin as well only paying £110.00 for the kit, including fitting.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You do see Carbonio copies on ebay now and again from the USA for about £70 plus the cost for the Pipercross filter which works out at about £100 or so all in.

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
So how does one see the improvement. If I log my std Cupra airflow using VAG... and then replace with Carbon Speed... will I see an immediate increase in airflow???

what are the expected airflow values??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.