Carista App

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
I've just brought the Carista App OBD Module, Planning on doing the needle sweep & 1 touch wing mirror folding.

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
So I received the module last night, Here's what I've done:
  • Needle sweep - this seems to be a bit buggy and doesn't always work on my car.
  • 1 Click window folding - I really don't see why they don't just do this from factory!
  • Lock and unlock beeps. This was more something my girlfriend wanted me to do! She likes it!
  • Refuel quantity. I now know I need 10L of fuel to fill up which is handy I guess?
  • There was a few other miscellaneous bits which I really cant remember.

hepy

Aug 20, 2017
Last used my Carissa back in April and one of the things I changed was how the throttle worked.

Just changed it back to the original settings and it drives so much better.

There are quite a few new settings on there, so worth a look for anyone who hasn’t used it for a while.

Reactions: Westy

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Just finished my 1 month trial of the beta app, and have to say I was quite disappointed. I got it mainly to do the 1 click mirror folding, but when I picked my car up from the dealers, it turns out this Ills now standard lol.
The only other thing I did was the needle sweep. I tried to change a few other things, but none worked (the main one for me was the pace car indicators).
I did the whole send feedback thing, but nothing got fixed in the time I was in the beta

rapidross

Aug 13, 2018
I've just bought one of these for my19 cupra.for some reason it will not connect to the car, been messing with it for ages.
For clarification I've got my Bluetooth on,the ignition on and the app open.the carista lights up red,then when I try to , 'customize' it flashes blue as well.
Then asks for manufacturer of car then just says cannot connect.
Any ideas?

AlexOS

I bou
I've just bought one of these for my19 cupra.for some reason it will not connect to the car, been messing with it for ages.
For clarification I've got my Bluetooth on,the ignition on and the app open.the carista lights up red,then when I try to , 'customize' it flashes blue as well.
Then asks for manufacturer of car then just says cannot connect.
Any ideas?
ght one last week for my MY19 ST 4DRIVE and haven’t had any issues at all. I’ve contacted Carista to get on the beta program and that seems ok too...

Maybe the carista is faulty? Contact their customer support..

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
I have just purchased and downloaded Carisa and there is an option under Lights for Scandanavia DRL. DRLs activate taillights.
I have activated it was wondering if this is the setting to have rear DRLs like the fronts. I believe this is standard in the 2017 model?
Has anyone activated this setting and is it as I suspect?

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
I bou

ght one last week for my MY19 ST 4DRIVE and haven’t had any issues at all. I’ve contacted Carista to get on the beta program and that seems ok too...

Maybe the carista is faulty? Contact their customer support..

Have you made any worthwhile changes?

I use VCDS but the only thing I could find to activate was the refuelling amount display.

Reactions: AlexOS

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have just purchased and downloaded Carisa and there is an option under Lights for Scandanavia DRL. DRLs activate taillights.
I have activated it was wondering if this is the setting to have rear DRLs like the fronts. I believe this is standard in the 2017 model?
Has anyone activated this setting and is it as I suspect?

My MY18 Leon came with rear DRL as standard. However I have activated the Scandinavian DRL setting with Carista and all it has done to mine is activated the interior button lights and door LED strips to always be on (these were only lit when the side or dipped lights were on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shminkypinky

AlexOS

Have you made any worthwhile changes?

I use VCDS but the only thing I could find to activate was the refuelling amount display.
Not really.. The main things i wanted came on my MY19 anyway.. I've turned off the sound actuator, but thats about it.

I've tried a couple of things on the beta, but nothing that seems to work...one thing I changed was the auto closing of windows in rain, but this resets every time i turn the ignition off, so is pointless.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
I’m thinking about getting one. But after reading some of the comments. Is it actually worth while?
Cheers.

AlexOS

I’m thinking about getting one. But after reading some of the comments. Is it actually worth while?
Cheers.
If you Can get one for under a tenner then it’s worth it. Sign up for the free beta program (currently 3months) and you get all the latest edits and it’ll cost nothing. There are updates every few days.

I’m happy with the £9.99 I paid, if only for the fact I could turn the sound aktuator off.

Reactions: Naylor92

Shminkypinky

Dec 1, 2017
Regarding the Scandanavia DRL option. The only down side I can see is that the Sidelight indicator is always illuminated even when the front side lights are off. So when in Auto you sont know when the front side lights have come on.

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
If you Can get one for under a tenner then it’s worth it. Sign up for the free beta program (currently 3months) and you get all the latest edits and it’ll cost nothing. There are updates every few days.

I’m happy with the £9.99 I paid, if only for the fact I could turn the sound aktuator off.
So worth doing then for the money

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
Can you alter the DRL to 100 percent brightness with the Carista app? And can other things be altered, like the alternate indicator blinkers. Or is VCDS or OBDeleven needed?
Cheers.