Carista App

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks found the light setting working now, in the place you mentioned. Here in Ireland the alarm is an extra, I bought a prebuilt car so had no choice, I have the menu option ticked but no joy so far, will have another look at it. Looking at alarms at present, like the look of the Ghost system
That is probably why it won't work, I believe (may be wrong) that the beep is conformation of the alarm being armed.

I have a friend who works for Jaguar Land Rover in Dublin and he said the spec is low in Ireland as the taxes are so high. Top end cars tend to cost much more.

Deleted member 103408

dont know if carista supports it but OBD11 / VCDS allow you to code an alarm

"No installation required. Suitable for all vehicles without standard alarm. It only monitors doors, bonnet and trunk" might be worth asking them if they can put this on the dev version for you to try out.

Ghost looks very good, been a lot of very good feedback on the forum about it.

Bailer

May 15, 2018
That is probably why it won't work, I believe (may be wrong) that the beep is conformation of the alarm being armed.

I have a friend who works for Jaguar Land Rover in Dublin and he said the spec is low in Ireland as the taxes are so high. Top end cars tend to cost much more.
It’s ridiculous here, even safety features are taxed, the retail price of the car with options is nearly €49K, currency etc aside more than 10 grand more expensive here!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It’s ridiculous here, even safety features are taxed, the retail price of the car with options is nearly €49K, currency etc aside more than 10 grand more expensive here!
I know it won’t be as simple as this, but what is it that stops you buying a UK car and just driving it over?

Bailer

May 15, 2018
I know it won’t be as simple as this, but what is it that stops you buying a UK car and just driving it over?
The Irish government have a corrupt practice called VRT (vehicle registration tax) designed to deter you buying a car anywhere in the single market, on a new / nearly new Cupra ST 4Drive you would pay the price in sterling, cost to import flight / ferry etc, then the Cupra would incur a VRT charge of 27% of its value on top of what you have already paid just to register it. It would end up more expensive, there can be savings made on 2-3 year old premium dirty diesels as you guys can’t get rid of them quick enough and they are still low tax here. The Cupra will cost me €570 a year to tax vs €200 on my vRS, the VRT on the dirty diesels is about 16% think A6, 520D etc :cry:

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The Irish government have a corrupt practice called VRT (vehicle registration tax) designed to deter you buying a car anywhere in the single market, on a new / nearly new Cupra ST 4Drive you would pay the price in sterling, cost to import flight / ferry etc, then the Cupra would incur a VRT charge of 27% of its value on top of what you have already paid just to register it. It would end up more expensive, there can be savings made on 2-3 year old premium dirty diesels as you guys can’t get rid of them quick enough and they are still low tax here. The Cupra will cost me €570 a year to tax vs €200 on my vRS, the VRT on the dirty diesels is about 16% think A6, 520D etc :cry:
Grrrrr

Sounds like it would be cheaper to live in England and commute!

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
there's been an update to the Beta version but for the life of me I can't see what new features have been added...

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
there's been an update to the Beta version but for the life of me I can't see what new features have been added...
They update it regularly, new customisations for all brands and big fixes. Would be good if they were highlighted as new so we could test them out.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
I don’t have the alarm and enabled the beep on open and close, but don’t hear any beep, do I need the alarm?

When you enable the beep when locking/unlocking the car, it would use the cars horn if there was no alarm system. Not quite the same effect as an electronic beep!! I'd assume that if you don't have an alarm in your car, you wouldn't have the two ultrasonic sensors up by the rear view mirror, where the map reading lights are. When you activate the beeping feature with Carista, it tells you to go to the infotainment menu and enable something like 'Sound accoustication'. I can photo mine if you need it. Just means that you can enable/disable the beep from the infotainment rather than messing around with Carista.

Also, there were several options within Carista to enable this feature. Might be where the problem is. Check these.out:

upload_2018-6-6_7-54-54.png

Big Mac

Jul 30, 2017
Anyone managed to get the auto close windows and sunroof to work in the rain? My car rejects one of the settings. It has the tick box enable in the car menu which doesn’t seem to do anything and changes back to disable every time you stop the car.

Bailer

May 15, 2018
When you enable the beep when locking/unlocking the car, it would use the cars horn if there was no alarm system. Not quite the same effect as an electronic beep!! I'd assume that if you don't have an alarm in your car, you wouldn't have the two ultrasonic sensors up by the rear view mirror, where the map reading lights are. When you activate the beeping feature with Carista, it tells you to go to the infotainment menu and enable something like 'Sound accoustication'. I can photo mine if you need it. Just means that you can enable/disable the beep from the infotainment rather than messing around with Carista.

Also, there were several options within Carista to enable this feature. Might be where the problem is. Check these.out:

View attachment 563
Thanks I have all of those options selected as well as the option ticked in the infotainment, I have just applied for the beta so will give that a go one it goes through. It certainly have the 2 sensor holes up by the map lights but cant determine if there is anything behind them. I assume not and its just a case of 1 facia / trim panel for all models. I cant believe that the alarm is an extra on a car of this price range, or that it wasn't ticked as the car was to be a demo model. But I did have to spec the alarm as an extra on my vRS.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Anyone managed to get the auto close windows and sunroof to work in the rain? My car rejects one of the settings. It has the tick box enable in the car menu which doesn’t seem to do anything and changes back to disable every time you stop the car.

Same here. U tick the box, turn the car off and on and its unticked again.

rhys1344

Mar 31, 2018
Dublin
Thanks I have all of those options selected as well as the option ticked in the infotainment, I have just applied for the beta so will give that a go one it goes through. It certainly have the 2 sensor holes up by the map lights but cant determine if there is anything behind them. I assume not and its just a case of 1 facia / trim panel for all models. I cant believe that the alarm is an extra on a car of this price range, or that it wasn't ticked as the car was to be a demo model. But I did have to spec the alarm as an extra on my vRS.

Keep us updated if you find a solution to this. I moved to Dublin from the UK a year a go, brought my current car with me so avoided the VRT, but getting a 2018 Cupra ST in the next few weeks... and yes alarm was surprisingly an extra so I'll be getting a third party one too! Cannot for the life of me understand why cars are so damn expensive here!

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Keep us updated if you find a solution to this. I moved to Dublin from the UK a year a go, brought my current car with me so avoided the VRT, but getting a 2018 Cupra ST in the next few weeks... and yes alarm was surprisingly an extra so I'll be getting a third party one too! Cannot for the life of me understand why cars are so damn expensive here!
Got the beta yesterday and tried this again to no avail, completely turned it off and then back on again, It would have been a nice to have but now not overly fussed. Have shelved the idea of an alarm for now as they need the keys anyway to take the car, a driveway bollard and faraday pouch will have to do for now.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Got the beta yesterday and tried this again to no avail, completely turned it off and then back on again, It would have been a nice to have but now not overly fussed. Have shelved the idea of an alarm for now as they need the keys anyway to take the car, a driveway bollard and faraday pouch will have to do for now.
Physical barriers are more daunting than electronics ones anyway!

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
The thing I'm interested in changing is to be able to switch off the torque limiter. I have a VCDS cable, but in truth it's not very reliable, so I'd be wary about using it on my Cupra to modify anything. Do Carista take on board such requests? I've also seen something for sharpening up the front differential on VW forums, for the Golf with the PP. In that you change the settings, drive it so the thing is up to temperature & then change another setting. Sounds interesting too.