Carista App

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
OK, so that was remarkably easy. Torque limiter deactivated, without the fear of a cheap VCDS cable giving up half way through the job. Of course it's pissing down outside after about three weeks straight of good weather lol I'll report back when I get a chance to put the car through it's paces.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
So, the weather has improved & I'e been playing about with the Carista, making a few changes. I've turned up the the XDS to full strength*, I've put the diff to it's strongest setting & I've switched the throttle to direct, as opposed to the threshold value setting. The car feels awesome. Try it, seriously, these changes plus deactivating the torque limiter are the way ahead! Worth a try for the weekend, and it's easy to switch the setings back if you don't like the effect.

*From reading up on this, it may add to rear pad wear and full strength isn't good for fast track use, but for agility in combination with the diff setting it's incredible. For road use it's what you want to stay on your side of the road going round country roads at speed, or round the city for sharp manoeuvring, taking tight bends etc.

ozzrahog

Jun 24, 2018
Is there an option to autofold the door mirrors when the car locks, without the need to press the key. Got keyless entry/exit and having to click the fob to fold the mirrors seems to defeat the point of keyless?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Is there an option to autofold the door mirrors when the car locks, without the need to press the key. Got keyless entry/exit and having to click the fob to fold the mirrors seems to defeat the point of keyless?
Yes, first thing I did with mine :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

So, the weather has improved & I'e been playing about with the Carista, making a few changes. I've turned up the the XDS to full strength*, I've put the diff to it's strongest setting & I've switched the throttle to direct, as opposed to the threshold value setting. The car feels awesome. Try it, seriously, these changes plus deactivating the torque limiter are the way ahead! Worth a try for the weekend, and it's easy to switch the setings back if you don't like the effect.

*From reading up on this, it may add to rear pad wear and full strength isn't good for fast track use, but for agility in combination with the diff setting it's incredible. For road use it's what you want to stay on your side of the road going round country roads at speed, or round the city for sharp manoeuvring, taking tight bends etc.

Dont know if Carista supports this but you should also change your engine settings to Audi you should get an improved performance on the acceleration.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Dont know if Carista supports this but you should also change your engine settings to Audi you should get an improved performance on the acceleration.
There is a throttle response mod on Carista. From gradual to direct.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Yes but there are further mods where you change the control unit to be an Audi one rather than a Seat one. The Impact is to give a much better response to both engine / gearbox. This is on top of the changing the Direct Acceleration - Throttle response

Coding is out there so maybe ask Carista dev team to add this to there next release

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone know if disabling the stop/start will be an issue for an MOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Can't see any reason why. They have a button on the dash to turn it off at will so its not a required feature
It will be an issue for engine life. Running a car whilst stationary in the post-lead era doesn't do it any good. Start stop, even though the button is a mild stretch to deactivate, isn't that bad a thing to keep activated. I have learned to deactivate it at appropriate times, and in traffic jams, it encourages you to be more vigilant to avoid a delay in following the cars ahead when they move off.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Yes but there are further mods where you change the control unit to be an Audi one rather than a Seat one. The Impact is to give a much better response to both engine / gearbox. This is on top of the changing the Direct Acceleration - Throttle response

Coding is out there so maybe ask Carista dev team to add this to there next release

For some reason either when when I upgraded Carista to the Beta version, or when I first used it (even though I'd sent in the details of my car, chassis indicated March 2015 construction, delivered late May 2015, registered early June 2015, Leon Cupra 280 ST with PP) it identified as an Audi S3. No idea if there's anything in that. I didn't think much about it at the time really. I doubt it makes a wild lot of difference with a JB4 DP, FMIC etc. I did drive an Audi S3 prior to purchasing my Cupra. Although off the line was great, it felt detached from the road. I was so disappointed by the feel of the thing I couldn't tell you if the throttle seemed sharper or not.. With that little feedback I'd have pushed it too far by now and be dead if I had gone for one of those. I didn't think the Golf R was fantastic either, but it strangely felt nicer than the S3. I did drive an RS3, for the hell of it. Really didn't like it. Again, great off the line. Even worse to drive, as it felt heavy on top of detached in the bends.

Deleted member 103408

Do you have to give them a VIN number as the database's with the lookup to car details can be wrong.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Do you have to give them a VIN number as the database's with the lookup to car details can be wrong.
I gave them that too. I can't remember if it was required. I am a one for over informing as opposed to giving the bare bones. I had assumed it was a generic MQB with an IS38 beta app. It's possibly the case and it doesn't actually reflect the control module setting?

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
I gave them that too. I can't remember if it was required. I am a one for over informing as opposed to giving the bare bones. I had assumed it was a generic MQB with an IS38 beta app. It's possibly the case and it doesn't actually reflect the control module setting?

From their website
  • The exact brand, model and year of your vehicle
so no, they don't require the vin.