Carista App

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
FYI, the my19 now come from the factory with the single click to fold the mirrors.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
There’s a new customisation in Carista that allows you to add more colours to the ambient door panel lighting on the facelift FR. I’ve added purple, green and a new blue, looks great!

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Daft question from a technical novice but how do you go about setting this all up and how do you implement to the car. I have a 15 plate 184TDI DSG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Daft question from a technical novice but how do you go about setting this all up and how do you implement to the car. I have a 15 plate 184TDI DSG

If your car only has the three ambient colours which change due to driving mode, I do t think you can do it.

This only works with cars that have the ability to change the ambient colours such as 2017 onward cars.

Reactions: Hag

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
It’s the auto folding mirrors in most interested about tbf

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
It’s the auto folding mirrors in most interested about tbf

I made that change today with Carista, works a treat. Literally just plug the dongle into the OBD port below the steering wheel, open the app on your phone and it sorts the customisations into folders. Tap the changes you want to make and tap save, it then loads the settings onto the car.

If you have a facelift Leon you can be added to the testing program and use all the app features for free.

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
Set up my device today and really impressed. I've made the following changes -

1. Single touch folding door mirrors
2. Changed coming home lights duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds
3. Changed the background of the small display between the dials to carbon fibre effect
4. Enabled option of turning on/off locking beep confirmation on the centre screen menu (haven't actually turned it on though)
5. Needle sweep
6. Refuel quantity display
7. Auto window closing if raining

I have Kessy Keyless Entry and did also activate auto locking when key is out of the car and doors are closed (meaning you don't even have to touch the door handle to lock), which worked perfectly... and I would have left turned on, however the door mirrors didn't fold in unfortunately so turned it back off. I've passed on some feedback asking if this may be possible in the future as it would be ideal!

Very happy with the product.

Hi, can you remember which option the carbon effect on the small dash was? I have got mine today and there was about 7 different options

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Hi, can you remember which option the carbon effect on the small dash was? I have got mine today and there was about 7 different options

I think this might be a option in the beta test program, Ive applied for it, but not been accepted yet. All i can see in the standard carista is to change the startup logo.

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
I think this might be a option in the beta test program, Ive applied for it, but not been accepted yet. All i can see in the standard carista is to change the startup logo.

I tried all 7 options and non of them didn’t change the centre dash display at all. I have also asked them to send me a link for the beta version as I want to enable the park pilot, the version I have doesn’t have that option.
Apart from that the app and dongle is great and very easy to use, ordered it first thing yesterday morning and received it by 6pm!!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Get a genuine OBDeleven dongle. You can do more with it than with Carista. However you need an Android Phone/Rablet as it doesn’t (yet) work with iOS.
The only reason I choose Carista over OBDeleven is because I only have an iPhone.

There are lots more customisations available on OBDeleven but I don’t really want to buy an android phone just for that. Hopefully one day it will be available on iPhone too!

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
The only reason I choose Carista over OBDeleven is because I only have an iPhone.

There are lots more customisations available on OBDeleven but I don’t really want to buy an android phone just for that. Hopefully one day it will be available on iPhone too!

Which dongle did you buy for this and where from? I have the same issue iPhone only

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Which dongle did you buy for this and where from? I have the same issue iPhone only

The Carista dongle and app are available for iPhone! Check out the Carista website, dongle is about £20 I think and the BETA testing program is free if you have a facelift Leon and email them.

Reactions: Hag

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
I emailed them today asking for the beta link and they replied asking me to send them “de bug data from my vehicle”. Has anyone else had this from Carista?

Kinetic

Nov 18, 2017
I emailed them today asking for the beta link and they replied asking me to send them “de bug data from my vehicle”. Has anyone else had this from Carista?

Yes, I got the same message. I've not done anything yet as I've been busy but might give it a go tomorrow.

Westy

Sep 30, 2018
Yes, I got the same message. I've not done anything yet as I've been busy but might give it a go tomorrow.

Took about 10 minutes to gather all the information, I’ve sent it off to them so fingers crossed they’ll send the link tomorrow so I can get my park pilot sorted

Reactions: Kinetic and ryzzey

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Took about 10 minutes to gather all the information, I’ve sent it off to them so fingers crossed they’ll send the link tomorrow so I can get my park pilot sorted
Yes they just need to confirm that you have a vehicle that’s on the testing program. They should invite you to the BETA app tomorrow and you can download it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise