Carista diagnostics

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
So have been playing around with carista for a few days and checked out what issues there is on my car as my warranty finishes a couple weeks. There were a few things that I didn’t understand though.

The first one was the “passenger door won’t de safe.” After a quick google i found that it means that the passenger door won’t lock or unlock, but it does? However I have noticed that I have to pull the front passenger door with a bit more strength than the other, but it still works?

The other was “Parking aid warning chime” I don’t have any parking sensors. Although I am going to get some fitted so hope this isn’t going to be an issue.

Another one was “Control circuit for fuel tank failure” This I had actually noticed last time i filled up as i had to unlock my car a few times before it opened but not sure if the warranty will cover this as it still technically works.

Unfortunately nothing was detected with why my rear screen wash doesn’t work.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Carista diags are a load of rubbish. Ignore. And get it checked using proper software/ at a dealer before warranty is out. Any issues they should fix under warranty.

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Yeah that’s what I thought initially but it has highlighted some correct diagnostics like my coolant sensor being faulty as I have enough coolant but occasionally get the “check coolant level.”

Gonna get it checked out tomorrow

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
To date I've found that Carista does collect all the logged faults - but with newer cars the description can be way out, so you should end up with all the correct code "numbers" - okay with some newer cars/codes Google can not help you. I tend to use VCDS though when at home, Carista is okay for "out and on the road" which was the reason I bought it to replaced a Gendan scan tool that had run out of life on newer cars.

Edit:- my daughter's Leon reg'd back in end of April 2019 does seem to collect too many faults, that will get reported at its first service, mainly door locking issues with no actual system failures ever being observed.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
As stated mine threw up a bunch or errors which were all false as the doors all locked AEB works etc etc.
BUT as you say descriptions may be wrong.
The only GENUINE one was a disconnected sound aktuator.

Going in for the RECALL so ask for it to be checked at the same time.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.