Carista, OBD11 or VCDS for these mods?

Tass

Mar 8, 2020
Apologies for the noob question - I'm new to software modding (I've just switched to a 2014 Leon FR from my trusty 2004 Fabia VRS Mk1) and eager to make some tweaks.

I've been digging around in the forum and I'm confused about which system I need to get. The more I read, the more confused I'm getting as all three systems are mentioned on the different mod threads. I've tried digging through the stickies and I'm guessing I want OBD11 with a pro licence, but not 100% sure. Would really appreciate a quick nudge in the right direction so I can order it tonight.

Car: 2014 Leon FR 150 (tech & conv packs)
Mods I'd like to do:
  • The usual: (Needle sweep, one touch mirrors, rear DRLs)
  • Refuel quantity
  • DRLs off with light switch in position 0
  • Direct throttle mod
  • Audi throttle mod
Cheers for the help

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
I have the obd eleven with the pro which allows you to manually code stuff. U can use credits and the 1 click changes but wouldnt recommend the 1 click stuff as you dont really know whats being changed and heard some instances where it has caused problems. But would deffo recommend the obd eleven device

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tass

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I'm guessing you have an Android device as OBDeleven will not be able to do what you want with an Apple device.

I have second gen OBDeleven with pro. It's handy particularly if you don't have a laptop to drag out to the car when you need to quickly do a job. Cost was a big factor as well now VCDS limit the number of different VINs for coding. Go OBDeleven you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Tass

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Apologies for the noob question - I'm new to software modding (I've just switched to a 2014 Leon FR from my trusty 2004 Fabia VRS Mk1) and eager to make some tweaks.

I've been digging around in the forum and I'm confused about which system I need to get. The more I read, the more confused I'm getting as all three systems are mentioned on the different mod threads. I've tried digging through the stickies and I'm guessing I want OBD11 with a pro licence, but not 100% sure. Would really appreciate a quick nudge in the right direction so I can order it tonight.

Car: 2014 Leon FR 150 (tech & conv packs)
Mods I'd like to do:
  • The usual: (Needle sweep, one touch mirrors, rear DRLs)
  • Refuel quantity
  • DRLs off with light switch in position 0
  • Direct throttle mod
  • Audi throttle mod
Cheers for the help
I’m using Carista mainly because a) I didn’t want to get into manual coding and b) it could change the couple of minor things I wanted (along with a load of stuff I didn’t want/need to) so enough for me.

So far I have changed the headlight washers, direct throttle and added off road mode to my infotainment...which is all I wanted.

Mine works well and no errors to date but from what I’ve read it sounds alike you want OBD11 (I don’t have android so another reason for going Carista for me).

OBD11 seems to be able to do much more, especially if you get into the coding...I would have like to do this but don’t want to mess with settings too much...Carista is also a subscription (if you carry on after 30 days) so also got to consider how often you might want to make adjustments etc.

Think OBD11 is more versatile (and probably better for you) but Carista works for me (no Audi throttle option on mine though but direct is nice).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.