Carista or OBDeleven

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Hi All
Any reason I should get OBD11 over Carista? I only want to make a few changes like enable park pilot and fold mirrors with one click so I guess I know the answer when it comes to purchase cost. Also OBD11 looks a lot more complex, any thoughts?
Also can cornering fog lamps be enabled with full LED lights?

Car is 18 plate Leon ST 150 FR

Deleted member 103408

Carista is fine but I do not think you can keep on using it after the free period finishes unless you pay more.

If you just want to make a few simple changes (as above) then go Carista, if you ever want to do other peoples cars, make more changes to yours or simply fully be in control of the changes then OBD11.

I dont know Carista but using OBD11 you also have lots of Live Data things so you can record what is going on in your car at any give time.

OBD11 is not complicated, once you lean how to use it (there is lots of people on here to help and on line stuff) you just have to get used to the setup.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
OBD11 is a lot more expensive. The unit is more than double the price and then you pay for each modification you do. Its more capable though.

Carista is cheaper and you might be eligible for a 3 month free trial if you have the right car. It comes with a 1 month free trial anyway, giving you the chance to make changes initially for free. It also works with other OBD apps, which are mostly free to use, like Torque/Pro.

Deleted member 103408

I think for the OP requirement Carista is a better fit

However just to clear a point of information you don't have to pay for each modification, I personally have completed over 1 thousand changes to cars and only ever used the Credit system when I first started (but still at no cost).

Each App that is built by the OBD11 Team is charged out at a value in Credits, you get 6 free credits every day if you want them so net cost is Zero and most new buys also get credits as part of the Package.

You can also use this tool to modify any other VAG Car and they are currently working on BMW. However the great thing about this tool is you can code your own changes (and as above there is lots of online help to do this) so you never have to pay.

Reactions: Walone
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.