Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
#Fr2013

Do you know what version of Carista you used to set the mirrors that way ?

I did send an email to support, it would be nice to know why they keep changing the way mirrors work and took away the option for long or short press.

I wanted to see if windows closing when it rains worked this morning, left the window open a couple of inches, locked the car holding the button to fold the mirrors and the window closed DOH

Gav

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
Carista 3.5 Beta 3 just out. Might be worth giving it a try.

Just tried 3.5.3 and still only close on long press :cry:

Pushed for time so i didnt check to see if the system menu had changed to give options other than on or off though.
Will check that later.

Gav

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
#Fr2013

Do you know what version of Carista you used to set the mirrors that way ?

I did send an email to support, it would be nice to know why they keep changing the way mirrors work and took away the option for long or short press.

I wanted to see if windows closing when it rains worked this morning, left the window open a couple of inches, locked the car holding the button to fold the mirrors and the window closed DOH

Gav

I can't remember unfortunately, sorry. I had a tinker yesterday and got a screenshot of what I have set and what shows on the menu in the car....

http://imgur.com/a/khe5m

However I'm sure there was also something in the 'other' section that I had to enable too. That's no longer there.

The mirrors fold in upon one single press of the lock button when I lock the car. They unfold then the key gets inserted and turned to the ignition setting.

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
Hi Fr2013

Thanks for looking

I have all the same options as you, but they still only fold on long key press.
Really annoying as folding the mirrors will deplete the battery in the fob at least 4x quicker as well.

I park on a street where the small kids are out on bikes/scooters and have already lost a mirror to them on my old car.

I have sent the debug data to carista support, lets hope they can find something

Gav

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Looking back through the thread it's clear that even with the same version of Carista we are not all getting the same result. FWIW my car is a 2016 (June/July build) 1.4EcoTsi Ibiza ST FR Technology.

In response to FR2013 (does that imply the year of his FR?), I'm pretty sure I didn't need to set anything in "Other" to get the mirrors to work.

There was a significant interior/dash update in (I think late 2015) and that might be some of the reason for the different experience people are having.

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
Mine is FR 2016 Model with 2017 plates but that should not make any difference

Just noticed Carista is at 3.5 beta 4 now

i will give that one a try over the weekend and report back

Gav

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Mine is FR 2016 Model with 2017 plates but that should not make any difference

Just noticed Carista is at 3.5 beta 4 now

i will give that one a try over the weekend and report back

Gav

Just tried it - I didn't try any changes - but there don't appear any changed options. That doesn't necessarily mean that the existing options work the same way of course.

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
GOOD News guys

Had a reply from Carista support.
They said the option for short press folding mirrors will be in the next beta.

So it looks like 3.5.5 beta will be the one to test :)

Gav

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Guys, is it worth it? I mean Carista app requires payment each week of 10$ or 40$ for a year vs VAGCOM(VCDB) cable?

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Guys, is it worth it? I mean Carista app requires payment each week of 10$ or 40$ for a year vs VAGCOM(VCDB) cable?

It doesn't require any payment if you a part of the Beta test programme. I probably wouldn't pay 40$ for a year, but 10$ as a one off payment to get extra features like folding mirrors and parking visualisation (and other things that catch your fancy) once the release version comes out hardly seems like a bad deal.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
I am beta tester and it still ask for a payment...

Yes - in my case it makes a "dummy" payment on a daily basis. It doesn't actually take any money though - which is what I was told would be the case when I became a tester.

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
Yes - in my case it makes a "dummy" payment on a daily basis. It doesn't actually take any money though - which is what I was told would be the case when I became a tester.

Same here, only paid for the app once.
Just make sure you have data enabled on your phone after you have waited 15 mins for it to scan the car, or else when you select an option to change it will quit back to main menu if it cant ask to validate google account :(

confirmed from support that it will be 3.5 - beta 5 that has the folding mirros option "most" of us want :)

Gav

gav17hvh

Mar 28, 2017
what do you mean paid once? weekly pay or year? because bcr5784 said he didn't paid at all.

Im not sure if you can apply to beta test before you have made a purchase ?

You have to purchase the app from store android/apple

then apply for beta testing, once you are on the beta it just simulates that you purchase it when its expired, does this without charging.

I only use it once or twice a month, so everytime i use it i have to "purchase" without any actual cost going to my google accout.

Gav

Quiksilver

May 7, 2016
Nop, I download carista app from google play without paying and sent them an e-mail for beta tester.
So I am a beta tester... ver. 3.5 b-4

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise