Carista with the 2016 Ibiza

May 19, 2011
If you are meaning the MIL or engine fault light, then yes, if you remove the source of the fault, then clear all stored fault codes, that will put that light out.

Sorry meant to say the bulb out error light. If i was to remove bulb then clear faults reinserting the bulb wont that cause the error on the dash to show again

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Can somebody confirm that Carista (paid, trail or beta) can actually turn off those 'annoying to me' cornering fogs? Eg..both of them, I read that someone here it works only for turning right fog lamp.

Thanks!

I'm contemplating getting carista, just for Needle sweep, fuel quanty, chirp on lock, and the main one...turning off those cornering fogs!.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I used the Beta about 6 months ago now to turn both cornering fog lights off. It's bliss :)

Just ask to join the Beta and test it out yourself, for free! I haven't used Carista for a while now so couldn't comment if it's still there but I wouldn't be turning it back on anyway that's for sure!

P.S. I can now reverse onto my drive without looking like a boy racer/idiot that's left their fog lights on!

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Can somebody confirm that Carista (paid, trail or beta) can actually turn off those 'annoying to me' cornering fogs? Eg..both of them, I read that someone here it works only for turning right fog lamp.

Thanks!

I'm contemplating getting carista, just for Needle sweep, fuel quanty, chirp on lock, and the main one...turning off those cornering fogs!.

Not all SEAT dashboards support needle sweep. The post 2015 Toledo 1.0TSi one for instance.

Fuel quantity is pants, its always at least 2 gallons (10 litres) wrong. Turned it off again.

Locking chirp works, as do speed sensitive wipers and cornering fogs delete.

Last edited:

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014

Thanks!

You should be fine with the needle sweep, works on mine. Did with my old 2013 FR too.

Fuel quantity also works, I've however found it to be quite accurate, although I don't really look at it that much!

Another big one for me was setting it so that my mirrors now fold in on a single press of the lock button on the key fob. They fold back out once key is in the ignition.

I've thought about enabling the chirp - is this a small horn beep or is it an alarm beep on the Ibiza?

Edit: Oh, I've also enabled lap timer :D

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
You should be fine with the needle sweep, works on mine. Did with my old 2013 FR too.

Fuel quantity also works, I've however found it to be quite accurate, although I don't really look at it that much!

Another big one for me was setting it so that my mirrors now fold in on a single press of the lock button on the key fob. They fold back out once key is in the ignition.

I've thought about enabling the chirp - is this a small horn beep or is it an alarm beep on the Ibiza?

Edit: Oh, I've also enabled lap timer :D

My Carista arrives sometime early next week, will let you know if it's a chirp or horn when locking. If horn, well that's going off again! I'm considering doing the folding mirror mod too, but only if can be done with Long press (eg...default this winds the windows up). I know this sounds silly, but when it rains, the way the mirror folds up-ish, it make the mirror more dirty (and water collects inside) than if left open. Btw, which position do you leave the knob on? 0 or 'folding'?

I might try to do coming home/leaving home lights just with DRLs (on Bi-Xenons), may not work, but hey I will try.

ALso I noticed your 1.0TSI gets you 39mpg average. City driving only? Is this from the trip computer or measured tank to tank.

Last edited:

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Got Carista and did a few tweaks. For those who are considering getting Carista, DO IT! It's so simple. Download app to andriod phone (in my case), open app, plug Carista into socket, phone will connect to it via bluetooth. No need to pair etc...it scans the car (takes 3-5 mins). And if you want to make changes, it will take you to purchase either a week's pass or the year's pass with 1 month free. I will be 'cancelling my subscription' in under 30 days time anyhow.

The changes I did were:

Needle sweep (so cool, but has a strange sound when it does)
Door chirp when locking (it's not the horn, it's a chirp, and it's very unobtrusive)
Fuel quantiy remaining (in liters)
Cornering fogs off (right & left)
DRLs off when handbrake is on
DRLs on/off possible on Infotainment screen
Enable acoustic sound on infotainment screen

Things I wanted to do, but couldn't find it or do it:
Door mirrors close on 'long press of lock button' (does anybody know how? or I must disable the windows up/down on long press function?).
Lap timer (just for laughs)
Passenger mirror dips when reversing.

In conclusion: for under 10 pounds for Carista (on amazon). it's well worth it!

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
I love Carista, I have activated “Fold Mirrors with single click” it took a few attempts but worked, Battery Voltage doesn’t work though...loads of new features being added all the time..
I use a cheap £15 OBD2 WiFi single from Amazon with no issues at all!
Cornering Fogs, I left these on but tested for your sake and worked on my model (Ibiza FR 1.2 6J - 16 Plate)

I can’t get Window Close to work either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Passenger Dip, isn’t on the 6J Customisation list yet but it’s on the list to add (Already asked them)

Lap Timer - Works a dream!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It feels SOOO NICCEEE to not see those cornering fogs on in the reflection of a buliding or car in front at the lights at night when wheel turned or turn signal on :funk::happy::p

I can see why some say the fuel quantity is not that accurate, well it goes in 5 liter increments not 1 or 2, but for me it's just for laughs, I don't need per litre accuracy anyhow.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise