cars gone mad

gazjones

fitted new sterio in the other day and was working fine it then stopped working and i needed some more iso connectors so got it done with help of a guy at halfords then my remot locking has gone doors dont automatically unlock whern i take key out and the headlight buzzer no longer works any one know what my cars doing and i have no alarm at the moment as i cant arm it. help :cry:

gazjones

it started after i installed it and it stopped but the remot locking was working what could it be thats gone wrong nothing happened when i installed my previous radio in this car ror my 1.2 ibiza ill take it to garage for them to look at it. really pissed of bout it tho

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
The aftermarket radio problem only screws diagnostics (It ties the K line high) it shouldn't give you the other problems.

Have a quick prod around for a blown fuse in the fuse box.

gazjones

no blown fuses there was no noise or anything it worked then didnt so its taken a few things out but nothing seriouse just anoying things i might try fitting original radio in and seeing if it still does it or could it be permanant damage

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Have you been over the fuse box taking each one out and testing it? They dont always look blown and many a person has been caught out by it!

gazjones

no not tested them all cant see why it has done it tho had aftermarket one in before this one and its the same make jvc will be a boxing day job then it looks like

Diaman

Sep 28, 2005
Just out of interest gaz, did you buy them steering control connectors for your stereo, and if so did they work alright?

mr_s81

May 27, 2005
Ballymoney, NI
Same thing happened to me when I installed an aftermarket HU. It seems to be the ISO connector which messes up the locking. It was only when I installed a different HU which didn't need a connector that the unlocking mechanism worked immediately after I took out the key.

In my experience anyway, it seems to be the adapting connector that causes the problem.

gazjones

well thats going to be changed tomorrow and i hope the remote central locking works as well ive got an iso that i had in my other ibiza ill use that one. did headlight buzzer go on yours to

gazjones

well when i leave my lights on it does not buzz when i open the door did the interior light not work when you took key out as well cos that has stopped working. the interior light sholud come on as the doors unlock. so did it work again when you changed head unit back to one that worked fine

gazjones

right spent yesterday morning sortnig out the mess halfords did to my car, replaced the iso they gave me with the one i had in it before and moved some wires about and wehat would you know the remote locking works so does the headlight buzzer but the air back warning light is on and doors still dont unlock when key is removed but i can live with that at the moment. ps if you want a job doing properly do it yourself or dont go to halfords

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.