1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

cat back performance exhaust v5 170

Discussion in 'MK1 & MK2 Toledo' started by Robert Barnes, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Robert Barnes

Robert Barnes Full Member

I fancy a nice rumbly exhaust on my V5 170. I can't locate any by conventional means. A few for Bora brother such as Milltek but I'd be happier if I knew someone has done it before. Any suggestions?

2. GrayT

GrayT I'm Old

Sorry Robert I hadn't noticed your thread earlier and I started one with a similar question! You may want to have a read of the link in my second post here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97797

I'm pretty sure the Bora exhaust would fit OK, but it's whether it's a good idea. I gather they have a greater benefit on turbo engines.

3. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

4. GrayT

GrayT I'm Old

I don't have much technical knowledge but I know milltek list exhausts for V5 Bora and Golf but whether these are identical to the 1.8T I don't know. I believe you can opt for downturned end pipes in the Bora version if you don't want to cut away the rear valance (although some people may prefer the look that goes with the straight pipes). I was more concerned to learn of peoples actual experience with V5 but the link I posted in the other thread concerns me slightly.