CD Changer for Alana Head Unit

James_3

Speed Blue
Sep 1, 2006
N. Lincolnshire
Hey fellas........newbie's first question so please have a bit patience with me:redface:

I pick up my Ibiza tomorrow and will be wanting to fit the in dash changer....I've read through this thread and a few others that JoonSpoon has linked to on the subject.

I was a bit confused at first....I profess to know less than nothing about ICE, I've always been into bikes more than cars, get in and drive kind of attitude........but can one of you kind people confirm that I've got this right here.

I need an in dash changer, the lead to power and illuminate the changer VAG part no IM2 971 732, the cage/tray to hold the changer and because my Ibiza has steering controls I will need to remove the yellow remote wire from its plug housing and fit it into the green central block that will fit into the central part of the top female connection on the Alana HU next to the lead coming from the changer???

If I've got this right I need one more thing confirmed......what exactly should I be typing into Ebay or where should I be looking locally to source the green connection block..........sorry I'm not up to speed with the names of any connectors or leads etc to do with ICE.

Thanks for any help in advance and thanks for your patience:clap:

John.

Hi,
I have fitted one myself, the in dash changer can have one of two different connections on the back - some require the "illumination lead" which powers the lights as the name suggests, but mine required a different lead to connect it to the changer, as you can see by my pictures.

You should be typing into ebay something like "in dash 6cd changer" or "VW in dash changer" any VW Seat or audi one should fit as they are all the same so long as it looks like the pictures. good luck [B)]

northern monkey

Mar 3, 2008
Tyne&Wear
Thanks for the reply James.:clap:

After all that it turns out the Alana HU in my Ibiza is one of them MP3 ones and the car has an AUX in connection so I'll probs just go down the big gig MP3 player route.......seems a lot less hassle and I'd have a lot more music at my finger tips..........plus no need to carry and CD's in the car:funk:.........I hate having a glove box with CD cases rattling round in it.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.

markyd3

Hi Guys

Sorry to bump such an old thread but ive just bought a 56 plate Ibiza TDI FR and I want to fit one of these in dash CD players to the standard Alana Head Unit.

Can I just confirm that the two items I need are thus

ebay item 260882089741 - lead

ebay item - 261108124250 - mini ISO

Sorry I cant post the links directly but im not allowed to having less than 15 posts!!

I haven't bought the unit yet as the only 6 CD in dash changer I can find on ebay is VW branded and I was hoping to find a Seat branded one so im not sure if im allowed to say on here that if anyone has a Seat branded CD Changer they would part with please let me know.

Wheelspin

Feb 1, 2015
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I'm trying to install an in-dash CD changer and I'm having some trouble. I bought the same CD changer as the one shown in the pictures earlier on in this thread, I chose one with the black rectangular plug.

I also bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-M-Bus-...089741?hash=item3cbdc8c70d:g:FgEAAOSwL7VWn82K

to connect it to the Alana head unit.

I've connected it all up and earthed the brown wire but the head unit won't recognise the changer. The changer works, it will load and eject CDs but that's it. When I press the CD6 button on the head unit the screan flashes CHANGER and then reverts to the FM radio, just as it always did without the changer connected. [:@]

If anyone has any ideas, they'd be much appreciated!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.