Central Convenience Module

Scottieboy

Hi all, my Central Convenience Module has had it. I am highly skint at the moment, and really could do without the £300 that main dealer want for the part and labour. Does anyone have any help in regards to purchasing the item from elsewhere, or any breakers that might have one.

Also does anyone know where this unit actually lives? I have heard it is in places such as under the stearing wheel housing, and behind the ashtray, but would like to know exactly where it is before I consider taking the dash to bits!

P.S my car is a Seat Leon Cupra 2001

Thanks in advance

Scott

pwjs

Me too

Same has happened to me, but my dealer is quoting £500+. Anyone have any suggestions?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
under the steering wheel, i think the interior light bit has gone in mine too, or te wire may have come unplugged from the door mechanism, was quoted about the same

pwjs

Got a picture?

Any idea how easy it is to change? The £500 quote is £200 for the unit and £300 in labour to fit which just seems excessive - they tell me the whole dash has to come out.

Scottieboy

forked out the cash in the end. £300 to get the interior light to come on, great!

Deleted member 7729

How did you find Kings? As I find both Southampton and Portsmouth seem to have mood swings.. Dealer PMT :(

Scottieboy

Well, I would say they they are inconsistant. I spent 45 minutes waiting for them to come up for a price for the part. They gave me a price of just under £300.

I was particularly short of cash so I put up with it for a month or so, which is when I started this thread. When I phoned and booked it in they called me back and said "you do realise the cost is over £500?!!!" Turned out that the person I spoke to on the phone misunderstood the part, and thought it was the Main ECU that needed replacing.

I can confirm that this unit costs £180 from the parts dept, and approx £120 labur. Make sure they are actually quoting you for the correct unit.

-DT-

I want my SuperLeggeras!!
Aug 3, 2004
Bristol
yes same when I had mine done at Autoworld in Sheff last month... £180 for the part and about £120 labour...

-DT-

Aug 3, 2004
Bristol
It controls the remote central locking, central locking device, interior lights, and the nice beep you get when you open your door with the headlights on. Additionally, it also controls the electric windows and wingmirrors, and its a bloody pain in the arse if it breaks!!!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
-DT- said:
It controls the remote central locking, central locking device, interior lights, and the nice beep you get when you open your door with the headlights on. Additionally, it also controls the electric windows and wingmirrors, and its a bloody pain in the arse if it breaks!!!

when you all had this problem did your passenger and rear puddle reflectors come on on the doors, but not the drivers, everything else works central locking etc but not the main interior light and the drivers puddle light,

it may be the plug come loose on the drivers lock, maybe when i had the car resprayed i didnt clip it on tightly.

-DT-

Aug 3, 2004
Bristol
Dont know- I suspect all my interior lights were shagged. The faulty sensor doesnt neccaserrily mean that everything goes though- like for me the remote central locking and wing mirrors worked for a while after the windows and interior lights went...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise