Central Locking Fault

JoshThePonce

Nov 27, 2018
I recently bought a 2008 DAB TDI, the central locking was always a bit iffy, had to press the fob quite a few times in order to get the car to lock / unlock, however it has now failed completely.

I don't believe it's to do with the fob as the red LED still flashes when you press either button. The interior lock button worked before but now it doesn't work at all (doesn't make a noise or do anything when you press it). The only way I can lock the the drivers door is by physically putting the key in it, however it won't lock the passenger door. The alarm LED on top of the drivers door card also no longer flashes (i'm assuming this is because i can't lock the car via the fob which would activate the alarm).

Just to note, the interior light still comes on when you open / close the door as it should, also if you hold the key turned in the drivers door it still opens / closes both windows. I've checked the central locking fuse (which i beleive is F50?) and it is still intact.

I've read that when there is a central locking issue it's usually to do with the door lock actuator, however I don't want to splash out on a new one if that isn't the problem, and the symptoms lead me to believe there is something else at fault.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members