Central Locking not working

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Hi guys,

Anyone here got any idea why my central locking's playing up.....

Basically, when I bought the car I knew the central locking wasn't working, but thought that it was just the pump.

However, over the weekend, I had a play around, and found out that the central locking works if I use the passengers side lock. If I use the drivers side one, it just locks/unlocks the drivers door.

The key fob doesn't work either, so I'm just going to replace the battery and see if that cures the problem.

Any ideas as to why the drivers door doesn't activate the rest of the central locking ?!?

Andy

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
After a length discussion with Flapper on MSN, we've come to the conclusion that the batteries in the key fob are probably dead.

I'm going to pop into Willoughby SEAT tomorrow and get some new ones and try that.

If that doesn't work, then the key's fecked !!! ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Dude - get some from a jewelers, they're only CR2032 or something.

Actually i think tesco sell them

ovni boy

Had exactly the same problem with my 2001 LC 20vt last month (was like it when i picked it up from the garage) - car went straight back in and Seat told me they would have to replace both front locks - this cured the problem, although may have been expensive if not under warranty......

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.