Central locking - random lock and unlock while driving

FR Ste

Jun 11, 2018
Hi everyone.

Recently, my car has started to randomly lock and unlock the doors whilst driving. How annoying!

It locks as I move away as I would expect it to, but then as I’m driving along I can hear it locking and unlocking at random times.

Any ideas what is causing this and how I could fix it?

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If you set off from stationary I think the car tries to lock the car again even if it's locked already... I think i'm used to it now but it used to happen around the 2nd gear change

Do you have any fault readers that you can plug in?

OBDEleven you can see live stats on power etc which may help you diagnose

adon30

Apr 18, 2008
Brummm Brummm
I'm sure something like this happened to me when I had the door lock issues. Car was getting confused as to what state it should be in. I think I fixed it with the door locks themselves and having to reset the anti hijack setting.....

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I had the noise of my front passenger door trying to auto lock and it has a lock or tow dried out and sticking. Once drilled with a 3mm bit and some WD-40 then hole plugged with a Fiber patch cable dust cap. The locks work fine and no longer get the re-locking sound.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
I had the noise of my front passenger door trying to auto lock and it has a lock or tow dried out and sticking. Once drilled with a 3mm bit and some WD-40 then hole plugged with a Fiber patch cable dust cap. The locks work fine and no longer get the re-locking sound.
Could it be your coat /jacket touching button on central console.....have done myself ...button too close to seatbelt....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Could it be your coat /jacket touching button on central console.....have done myself ...button too close to seatbelt....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No it was the locks being dry and needing the WD-40 that sorted it but yes i have had my elbow press the lock/unlock button a couple of times.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.