Centre console and Wing Mirror..grr

BlueCoop

More speed, less haste
Aug 16, 2002
Hornsey, London
Visit site
More than a year since my last post..!

Still running my Cupra and still enjoying it. However... two things have occurred in the last few weeks:

1) Some git tried to steal my right-hand wing mirror, realised that it had a wire attached to it and so, after breaking it off the mount, left it dangling. Could anyone advise on the cost and work involved. The old one - I don't think - will be able to go back on... :(

2) My centre console has started to fail. The display stops displaying but all the buttons still work - I can't tell, for example if AC is on and what temperature it is! The orange light is still on, just no text or 'images'. Then, every now and then it comes on... or partly displays.

oh and 3) I live near Muswell Hill, does anybody have any recommendations on garages for work on my Cupra. My last service marked a faulty engine temp sensor and AC issues.

Finally... someone also nicked my number plates! Grr.

Nick

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
if someone has nicked your number plates then that obviously means one thing! they are going on to another car and will be doing something abit naughty if you know what i mean. so guess who`s door the old bill are going to be knocking onas and when they cop the reg number????? YOURS MATEY!!!. if you hav`nt already, tell the police and make sure they aknowledge it because you are in for a whole load of greef if you dont!

BlueCoop

More speed, less haste
Aug 16, 2002
Hornsey, London
Visit site
Thanks for the concern - yes indeed they would plan to be a bit naughty!

Thankfully, I reported it straight away, got a crime ref and sorted the plates the next weekend. I have a special password, too just in case.. however the most common thing is that the pikeys drive into a petrol station fill up and drive off. It might mean some minor inconvenience if it rings up on their system if I fill up.. ho hum.. 'I'm innocent I tell ya!!':doh:

Any ideas about the wing mirror or dash anyone?

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
as long as the old bill know then fair enough! as regards your door mirror then im asuming they are electric, then what you will have to do is prize off the plastic plate off from inside the car door to uncover the base plate bolts for the mirror, take the door card off and unplug the mirror harness, then undo the 3 bolts to take whats left of the mirror off. then get a new mirror(you looking at between £30 and £50) then just bolt it back on, plug it in, door card back on and jobs a goodun! if you take it to garage to get it done then i carnt imagine it will cost you any more than £100 all in! but you do live in london so who knows how much.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
Sounds to me like your trip computer just has a dodgy connection. There is a flat ribbon which joins the fascia to the main 'brain' of the headunit, take the fascia off and check the ribbon is connected properley.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise