Centre console armrest

elronzo66

I am thinking of purchasing a centre console armrest for my SC Coupe .

Does anyone have any experience of fitting it themselves as I would attempt it if not too difficult.My local dealer wants to charge £70 to install.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

elronzo66

Yes £70 for labour and £110 to supply a bit steep I think but I will attempt it if anyone can pass on some installation tips.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I think an hour is fair as you have to cut out the rear of the trim to fit it I think. Probably going to take that.

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
I fitted one last year to my TDI Sport, it is all pretty straight forward and comes with decent instructions. the only issues i had, was that you will need to cut a hole in the rear cup holder base for the arm to attach to the floor. A tool like a Dremel would be best, but i didn't have one! So i made do with a drill and a coping saw, improvise, adapt and overcome:D! You will also need a star drive bit to do up the arm at its hinge point, a T25 bit i think:think:.

All took me about an hour.

Good luck Barrie:D

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
How useable is the cupholder once you've drilled through it and fitted the armrest? can you still fit a bottle of coke in there? is it completely covered? pics?

Does the armrest open up to reveal a handy storage spac inside it?

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
I'm sorry to say that you will lose the use of the rear cup holder,but the lid does flip up on the armrest to reveal a good storage area All your handy work is covered up by the new trim. Sorry i didn't take any pics, as i was trying to get finished before my wife came home and found our week old car dismantled with me cutting holes in it!!! lol

Barrie.

Dec 3, 2009
There is a armster arm rest takes 15mins to fit and only £70.... Go to there website for instruction. :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
only thing that puts me off it is the mounting, not sure if i like the idea of drilling through the centre console and having the screwheads on show. i like everything to be hidden out of site.

however, it does look like a much better product in terms of being height and depth adjustable, looks like there's more storage, but the leatehrette top won't match my non-leather seats.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
Your right wouldn't look right with the cloth interiors at all. You could hide the screw heads with the small number plate cap things but still wouldn't be great.

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
I would have to say that having looked at the Armster one i would stil go for the OEM one.
The attachment of the arm to the floor is very sturdy, i have used it for over 11 k now no wobbles or anything coming loose. The OEM one is adjustable with a button at the front. I find it easy enough to use the handbrake without having to lift up the armrest.

Barrie:D

Last edited:

Lex 696

Aug 1, 2010
Cyprus
can someone post a pic of their armrest fitted? also showing what it looks like having lost the rear cup holder (i'll be fitting this myself)

thanks

tur8o_boi

Aug 21, 2008
i cant find this "armster" one... any pics or links?? I broke my armrest flap....had a penny stuck and couldnt get it out...it eventually made its way out, but it snapped one of the hinges at the same time :(

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I would take a pic of mine but my phone has broke and got a retro flip one lol. My armrest really doesnt come into much use, its always up as it gets in the way of me changing gear.

craigmk6

Mar 6, 2010
leeds
ive got one for sale for £60 (check for sale section) and the dealer said they would fit it for free to me so i could always ask if the buyer could get it fitted free?