Chalk and cheese

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
So my hobby car is a mk1 Cupra R.
In the most unlikely turn of events I now own a Volvo as a daily. Lol
The missus has been saying to me for a while that I should swap my daily MGZT-T ( estate) for a 7 seater to fit our 3 kids in and room for a couple of others that we pick up twice a week.
My wife has a ford S max and she won’t drive my car ( thankfully) and I refuse to drive an MPV or SUV. So there’s normally a bit of rushing around to do in the week.
But I was wandering around a used forecourt the other day and found a rare as hens teeth 2006 Volvo V70 D5 auto with the added bonus of 7 seats. The two seats that pop up out the boot floor face backwards and are certainly only for young kids but for a 10 minute journey home from school it’s ideal.
I have a 20 minute motorway commute to and from work so it gets to stretch it’s legs and it’s by far the most comfortable car I’ve ever been in. It’s just about run in on 121,000 miles and it’s a one owner full Volvo service history car. I think I deserve top marks for thinking outside the box?
I took the leon out for a drive on Sunday, first time I’d driven it since getting the V70 and they really are like chalk and cheese.
The only similarity is they are both grey!
My mate says I’m like an antique dealer who likes to dress up at weekend!! :roflmao:

Reactions: Yellow fr
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.