Changing Brake disc and pads - electronic wear sensors or not?

joshh1512

Sep 20, 2017
hi guys, I’ve got a 61 plate Ibiza cupra 1.4TSI 182bhp, battery in the boot version..

After my last service it was reported my discs are lipped both front and rear and would need doing next service.. I plan to do them myself to save money as was quoted 330 for discs and pads..

I’m probably gonna go with Brembo sportmaxx, I’ve found a set of rear discs and pads for 50quid which seems reasonable just need to sort fronts..

First question is am I correct in going for 230mm rear and 288mm front? I’ve found it hard to find even basic info on stock part numbers..

Second with regard to the pads I’m unsure wether my car has electronic wear sensors or not? There’s nothing in the manual to mention it.. had a quick look at them under car but hard to tell with the wheel on..

Thanks!

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
I've changed the front pads on the standard FSIII caliper and there are no electrical connections for a pad wear system.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd be surprised if the front discs on a Cupra were only 288mm, my wife's Polo 1.2TSI 110PS has that size of front discs, maybe check a bit more before buying.

Edit:- working out/finding out brake types on your car, maybe try to get a copy of "CAR DATA" from your local SEAT dealer's parts department, that will tell you a lot about that actual car. It will also include the PR code for the brakes and you can use that on the Brembo website to confirm which discs and pads to buy - saves guessing and needing to put things back together to take parts back.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members