Changing color of footwell lights.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
OK - RTFM time for me.

You can dim the footwell lights separately to the door strip lights in the menu.

It's not obvious at first but you can do it.
RTFM? I’ll need to google that lol

Yes aware you can dim them, they’re currently set to the brightest setting so that you can see them just a little when doors closed. In the last I had them set to about 1/4.

When door is open you can’t see them at all as the or so lights drown them out.

I now know what RTFM means lol

And I thought it was pretty obvious sorry lol not feeling as worried about dimming them now but the sharpie is ready.

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Here's my red footwell lights. These are at full output when unlocked and door open and then I've turned them down to about 1/4 for driving or else I think they're too bright and distracting. Door lights are at max all the time.
b3ab5573967c353522ed438ab3c6a912.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
Can you choose 2 brightness levels, as in 1 for when doors are open and one for during driving?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Can you choose 2 brightness levels, as in 1 for when doors are open and one for during driving?

Yes and no.
You can select how bright they are with the doors shut/driving but the doors open is full brightness

Reactions: R4CK5

cod_ed

May 23, 2017
UK
I didn't even notice there was a difference, when I turned mine up to 100% I thought they stayed like that whilst driving (never actually tried it)... I'm sure I read it on here somewhere. Great news if that's not the case though :) thanks

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Here's my red footwell lights. These are at full output when unlocked and door open and then I've turned them down to about 1/4 for driving or else I think they're too bright and distracting. Door lights are at max all the time.
b3ab5573967c353522ed438ab3c6a912.jpg

Do you have a link to the bulbs you used? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Do you have a link to the bulbs you used? :)

I got ones very very similar to the link DEAN0 posted in post no.10. A3 18 smd red footwell lights. The connector is a pretty tight fit on the Leon but they should work. I didn't think they were going to begin with but they clearly did.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I got ones very very similar to the link DEAN0 posted in post no.10. A3 18 smd red footwell lights. The connector is a pretty tight fit on the Leon but they should work. I didn't think they were going to begin with but they clearly did.

Awesome!! Cheers :)

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I installed some of these today - not sure yet if I leave them in...

Right now, when I open the door to get into the car it looks like a brothel :)
They are very bright with the doors open but turned down in the infotainment menu and it gives a nice subtle glow in the dark whilst driving. Good to have everything colour coded with the door cards and overhead ambient lighting.

Not sure if the cubby hole light can be changed to red as well? Been looking but can't find anything definitive.

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
This is full brightness in the menu in my Leon, if I get the cover which was suggested in reply #10 can I make it brighter and needing to turn it down instead of wishing it can go brighter even at 100%?

DF107EF3-DBF4-4982-960F-2AEB4C0A18B1.jpeg

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

Ordered a set, they’ve arrived and been fitted! 30% brightness when driving is just right for me! Cheers to you and everyone else for the pointers!

Reactions: R4CK5

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Glad you like them mate. Certainly adds to the car and so much nicer to have all the cabin lights matching.
Ordered a set, they’ve arrived and been fitted! 30% brightness when driving is just right for me! Cheers to you and everyone else for the pointers!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Glad you like them mate. Certainly adds to the car and so much nicer to have all the cabin lights matching.

Might just be me but I still prefer them off when driving and I have half of the light blanked out for when the door is open.
Agreed - they look far better in red than the white lights did.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I also have swapped to red leds. Very bright which is good for getting in and out but turn down to min brightness so as to not distract when driving. On my my16 foot we'll lights default to full brightness when door opens.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Might just be me but I still prefer them off when driving and I have half of the light blanked out for when the door is open.
Agreed - they look far better in red than the white lights did.
I've turned mine down for driving as I still like the subtle red background glow in the footwell but at full brightness they are definitely very distracting.

CallumFox5

Jan 9, 2018
I bought the covers that were mentioned in reply #10 and it seems to be a tight fit when getting them in, do they just need some force to make them fit in my 2015 Leon? I get the far end in where it connects but its the closest end which doesnt want to go in.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise